Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nissan Rouge/Mazda 5 EDIT

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you have one? Do you like it? Pros/Cons?

Or maybe a Kia Soul?

I have a 4 door, Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Its a great car...love being able to take the top off and all of that, but the back seat isn't very wide. I doubt I will be able to fit a rear facing car seat in it. My son is only 6 weeks but growing fast, and I know hes going to need a car seat before he is a year old (and plus, I wanted to keep him rear facing as long as possible anyways). So, its time for a new car. (Well, not NEW, just new to me...lol).

I learned to drive in a minivan, and my first car was a minivan. I like being up higher than a regular car (plus, I am also a musician, and play the double bass...it needs to be able to fit in my vehicle)

I can't afford something crazy expensive, because I'm broke (lol). All the money I would have for a car, is a trade in of my current one......trade in value of about 15,000 according to kellybluebook....but I also see them selling as used cars between 22-25k.

So...any suggestions? I'm going to drive a bunch of cars this week and test them out...but its best to know from people who have them as well!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:10 AM
I have a nissan murano and I love it... I know its kinda of similar to the rouge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katharine1229
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:15 AM

That is one sexy looking car (lol) but more expensive:( I have no money to spend, just a trade in of an expensive car (jeep 4 door wrangler) but I don't think the back seats of my car are big enough for a rear facing car seat...so...i need a new one!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I have a nissan murano and I love it... I know its kinda of similar to the rouge

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:20 AM
I had a rear facing convertable car seat in the back of a bmw 3 series and it was tight but it fit! We are getting rid of it though, and keeping it in the nissan family and getting a maxima. What do u have now?

Quoting Katharine1229:

That is one sexy looking car (lol) but more expensive:( I have no money to spend, just a trade in of an expensive car (jeep 4 door wrangler) but I don't think the back seats of my car are big enough for a rear facing car seat...so...i need a new one!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmyboys07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM

we just bought a rouge and i LOVE it. we have rear camera for backing up. its a safe and great car with a good amount of room.

Katharine1229
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:42 AM

awesome thank you! any cons so far?

Quoting Lovingmyboys07:

we just bought a rouge and i LOVE it. we have rear camera for backing up. its a safe and great car with a good amount of room.

Katharine1229
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:42 AM

I have a 4 door jeep wrangler

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I had a rear facing convertable car seat in the back of a bmw 3 series and it was tight but it fit! We are getting rid of it though, and keeping it in the nissan family and getting a maxima. What do u have now?

Quoting Katharine1229:

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Katharine1229
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:00 AM

bump for edit

Katharine1229
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:39 AM

bump

Makenseysmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM
I have a KIA rondo. I love it. It's comparable to the Mazda 5. It is also a little bit cheaper than the 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katharine1229
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:11 AM

hehe my mom just got a rondo...picking it up tomorrow and i'm going to check that one out too

Quoting Makenseysmom:

I have a KIA rondo. I love it. It's comparable to the Mazda 5. It is also a little bit cheaper than the 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)