Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Does Autism Affect Children

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM
  • 2 Replies

i just want to know How Does Autism Affect Children?

if parients give proper care then its effects becomes less.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sati769leigh
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:22 AM

it isnt always about parents giving proper care. its also about where they live and the insurance they have to cover therapy. many insurances do NOT cover autism specific therapies. and i hate to say that there are some children in which therapy does not help much either. because autism is definitely not a pea in the pod type of spectrum of disorders. it can also be very very hard to diagnose properly with those who are higher functioning so years can be wasted. certainly not the parents fault.

momof2little1s
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Umm OK?  This post confuses me?  Kids with autism need much more than proper care, they need therapy and require constant modifications to their schedule and to activities so that they can participate. 

My daughter hs mild/high functioning autism but it still effects EVERY  aspect of her life.

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)