Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So proud of my son

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son is going to be 3 in a week.  We have been really working on talking him down out of being upset and using his words to let us know what is wrong.
This morning, he got up and brought himself downstairs (which he isn't supposed to do, but that's another story).  I knew he'd come down and was heading down myself.  About halfway down the stairs I hear him bawling and yelling, "MOMMY! MOMMY!  COME HERE MOMMY!  HELP MOMMY!"  I went to see what was wrong and all I saw was him sitting in a kitchen chair with a bag of chips in front of him bawling.  I said, "What is wrong?"  He said, "I WANT DOWN!"  then just screamed.  I still couldn't figure out what was wrong and so I told him to take a deep breath and calm down.  He did and then I said, "Now what's wrong?"  He got upset again, so we repeated the deep breath, and this time he was able to get out, "It really really hurts!"  Then I looked and realized he'd had his foot up on the seat so his knee was up and he had somehow gotten his knee shoved and stuck up under the edge of the table.  He was good and stuck and I had a little difficulty getting him down without causing more pain.  Anyhow, I was so proud of him for taking deep breaths and calming down to give me enough information to figure out what was wrong and help him.  He's really growing up and maturing. *tears*  
BTW, once he was down he was fine and it didn't hurt anymore. 

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mistie900
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Glad he wasn't hurt! :)

.MommyEast.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

what a lil cutie :) he did a good job

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Thats an awesome improvement. Ive been working with my dd on that too.

MawMawKelton
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM

That's awesome ! He used his big boy words. 

It always made us proud too when they were learning to do that.

Sometimes it is hard for them to get used to doing that. 

Give him a little hug for me and tell him I'm proud of him too ! 

PrettiGirl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Awesome little man!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Aww, glad he wasn't hurt and handled it well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)