Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$1.99 for gas

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 21 Replies

Most gas stations around here are selling gas for about $2.55 a gallon. The is a new gas station that has slowly been dropping their prices and today they are at $1.99. It makes you wonder if they can do tht and still make a profit then why are the other gas stations so high. They even got a gas station across the street to drop their prices with them and that one has been there for years. I really hope the other gas stations around here get looked into because I just don't see how it is right for them to charge so much.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelleybeans
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

WOW! I am so jealous!

mommy_10
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM

wow...where u located..thats cheap for gas..I think they will be able to make a profit cause they are cheap enough and people will be going there to get there gas....

chiamom123
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Quoting mommy_10:

wow...where u located..thats cheap for gas..I think they will be able to make a profit cause they are cheap enough and people will be going there to get there gas....

I live in south eastern GA.

luv_my_xiya
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM

2.55 is the norm, nothing really to look into...most of the time when new gas stations open they will be a lot cheaper than the rest, they will go up in price eventually

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Same thing happened here.  I forgot the name of the gas station but we got one in my town about 3 weeks ago every since the gas has been dropping.  It's around 2.30 now here  :)

mommymelissa76
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Me too!

Quoting chelleybeans:

WOW! I am so jealous!

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Its $2.69 where I live in TN

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Wow...that is cheap!  Even though our prices have been going down, we still paid $2.59 yesterday at the cheap station (I saw it elsewhere for $2.73).  I know that around here, specifically my county has a crazy, enormous gas tax.  If you go a couple miles down the road to the next county, the price drops significantly!  Anyway, we know there is a big profit margin in necessary items...gas and food come to the top of the list.  What I want to know is how can gas be so cheap with what's going on in the Gulf.  If we are losing that much oil, how come prices aren't sky rocketing?

CafeMom Tickers
chiamom123
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I had a friend tell me that there is suppose to be an investigation going on to see if the other gas stations might be gauging since they are not supposed to make that much extra on the dollar the pay for gas but I don't knwo wheather or not its true.

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

2.55 is the norm, nothing really to look into...most of the time when new gas stations open they will be a lot cheaper than the rest, they will go up in price eventually

colins_mom
by Heather on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Look at the prices of stuff inside. Their chips, pop, cigs, other random things will be twice as much as everywhere else. Because at least at the station I work at we don't barely make anything on gas at 2.66 a gallon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)