Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Blue and just wanted to vent.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm so upset. This has been bothering me for a while but I don't really have anyone to talk to about it :(

My Bff had a baby. Or, I thought she was my Bff. Baby was born on Tuesday... I just found out today. I found out through an email from a mutual friend that she was preggers and that was 5 months into her pregnancy.

She is one of my FB friends of course, and she is always posting on other peoples walls how much she misses them and all that jazz, but she rarely PM's me, calls me, or even comments on any of my status updates :(

I'm just sad because I realize now that we've just drifted too far apart. She's been my BFF since I was a freshman in highschool... almost 20 years :( I was going to be in her wedding, but I had my baby ON that very day. I always thought that was a sign that we were gonna be BFF's forever. But not so much, and now I'm just sad.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mistie900
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I'm sorry... Maybe if you explained this to her she would talk to you more. She may have no idea she's doing it

2cool4school
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting mistie900:

I'm sorry... Maybe if you explained this to her she would talk to you more. She may have no idea she's doing it

Thx for  being so sweet to reply ;)

she's not really "doing" anything. We are just drifting apart and she is becoming closer to other people. It's ok. Just sad.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM

So, why don't you call her up and say hi and congrats? That's what I would do

reava
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I've been there.  Even though you expect it, it is still hard.  Sorry you are going through it.

2cool4school
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

So, why don't you call her up and say hi and congrats? That's what I would do

Well, it's not really that easy. I don't have her phone number. We've only communicated via email and FB over the last year as she is a Military wife and stationed over seas. I have talked to her a handfull of times since she's been there, but more recently when she came stateside for a baby shower. Anyway, the hours are so off and I don't know what her schedule is like, so I've only emailed and posted a huge congrats on her FB page as many of her friends have.

2cool4school
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Quoting reava:

I've been there.  Even though you expect it, it is still hard.  Sorry you are going through it.

thx :) it's hard to "break-up" with the only true friend you've had since you were 14 years old.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:11 PM

*HUGS* Im sorry and I know what you are going through.....its sad when this happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)