Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

helping milk come in - help!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
I had my baby on thursday (post about that later) I had a lot of complications lost a LOT of blood and finally better now. Poor baby's been eating formula cuz I was too weak to nurse - there was nothing in there.

Now that I'm better and going home I want her off that formula - I've forgotten the tricks to help get my milk going - I've been drinking a bunch - it seems it came in after 2-3 days with my other kids.

Really want to get this baby on the boob asap before she gets anymore attatched to the bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sheridonia
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Nurse frequently. Pump after nursing. Drink mothers milk tea. And most important DONT GIVE UP!

babyfat5
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Oatmeal, fenugreek, mother's milk tea all can help a little but the best bet is to relax, drink water, rest when you can and nurse frequently.

Tifffs
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Oatmeal can help as well. Don't go more than 2 hours without nursing until you get well established. 

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM

nurse as much as possible, even if baby is using you as a pacifer, keep nursing! congrats and good luck

christaberk
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Nurse. Pump. Nurse. Pump. Nurse. Pump. AND REPEAT.

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Nurse nurse nurse! Nothing will boost your supply better than that. Mothermilk tea works well but works differently for everyone. Good luck. It's a long road but it's soooo worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StructuredChaos
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM
You need to pump or try to nurse every 2 to 3 hours. there are meds and herbs you can use too! Check out kellymom.com
StarsChildren
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Milk Tea (its an herbal tea, I think you can get it in natural food stores as well as online). I forget the other herbs to help, sorry. Hope you get it going and can get her on the boob soon, good luck!

ErikaRobin
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Mamie_85:

nurse as much as possible, even if baby is using you as a pacifer, keep nursing! congrats and good luck

Yes, do zees!   *nodding*

Good luck to you.

Links are fun.  Click one to stalk me.

swtjeri
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)