Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling......jealous???

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

My mom lives like a five minute walk from my brother and my sister in law and their kids in my hometown. I live an hour away in the middle of nowhere......And honestly i feel like shit right now. They do everything together all the sudden..shopping, eating, taking kids to the zoo. My mom has always been my best friend. But now i'm an hour away, 9 months pregnant, and feeling lonely. I've been replaced..And its aggravating me. Talking to them wont help any. Mom says shes helping sil because sil is having a hard time adjusting to two kids. But i'm sitting here, pregnant with my third, and taking care of my two kids all day..everyday. Duh, its summer. but while they get to go out and have fun playtime with her kids......we are just here.......and i'm feeling like completely horribly low ..

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

did she move away from you or something?

chocokitty88
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

SRY :( I'm jealous of anyone who actually has a house. bump

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

keep talking to her.

southernjess3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM

me and dh and the kids moved........three years ago.....lol

ErikaRobin
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Jess, that sucks.  Your hormones don't need this right now anyway.

Go look at some lolcats and laugh a little.

Sometimes just reaching out into the abyss of CM will help...you know that.  And when it doesn't, get your crazy stick out and start whacking.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Maybe you might try telling your mom how you feel. My mom has done stuff like that, put my brother's  daughter beforey 2 daughters. I'm not jelaous, just a bit hurt by it. My mom spends more money on my niece. It's sux. My kids are the ones that are hurt form it.

JSVDP
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I honestly can say i know where you are coming from. I am the ONLY of my moms kids that lives out of town.  They are always doing things together, talking, and everything. I cant because I am too far away.  They also dont really ever come visit me,I have ot come see them. 
I will call after a day and my mom will talk about something and I will say "um I have no idea what your talking about" and she will say OH YEAH you aren't here.  DUH. 
I get the news about something two days later than everyone else.
But I am also away from all the drama my family has. So in a way its a curse and a blessing at the same time.
I think maybe you should tell your mom how you are feeling.  I mean they probably have no idea whats going on with you and if you dont say anything they never will. You cant really blame them if they dont know KWIM?
I hope you do feel better.

kylismomma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Move closer or make an effort to visit her more. obviosly not now because you are 9 months pregnant but an hour drive is not that bad. i have 2 children as well and we visit our in laws all the time and they are about 45 mins away.

Quoting southernjess3:

me and dh and the kids moved........three years ago.....lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
JoleneAKAMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM

HUGS! I moved 10 years ago and I use to live right by my mom and I miss her sooo much, so I know how you feel!

southernjess3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM

i'm just super emotional i guess...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)