Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do (piog with no answers)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 16 Replies

My dd is 11 months old. for the past few weeks she has been really difficult. I know she was sick and is teething but im on my last nerve.

She has very strong naptime cues. She rubs her eyes, yawns, and whines. so I put her down. and she refuses to nap. just lays there making the same whining noise she makes when telling me shes tired. and she will go on FOREVER. and NOT nap. yesterday she was up for 9 hours because every nap she did this. I'm a cio mom so usually wouldnt bother me but living with other people whoa re not pleased about all the noise she makes when they're trying to sleep (they work 3rd shift).

If i keep her up she whines. If i put her down she whines. is there anything at all I can do?

I am a tollerant, laid back, happy mom of a beautiful baby girl who doesn't feel the need to justify her parenting style to you.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM

stick to the schedule, eventually she will sleep. and the other adults in the house will just have to realize that's what babies do. good luck.

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Try laying with her if you have to.  There were times when dd was teething or had a cold, that all she wanted was to be close to someone.  DH worked 3rd shift at the time, so he would lay down with her on his tummy.  Once she was asleep, I could move her with no problem and she would nap just fine.  That might help, and if you little one always wakes up in her normal sleeping place, she shouldn't develop the need to sleep with someone all the time.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Did you try tylenol and a warm bath? Works for my fussy teether
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Squeakette
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I used to co sleep when i first had her. We were both very very sick and it worked out best. Once we both got better (she did, i didnt) i put her in her crib. ever since then she wont lay with me. all she does is bounce on mommy and mommy's bed. even if its nap time. Thanks for trying though.

Quoting massteria:

Try laying with her if you have to.  There were times when dd was teething or had a cold, that all she wanted was to be close to someone.  DH worked 3rd shift at the time, so he would lay down with her on his tummy.  Once she was asleep, I could move her with no problem and she would nap just fine.  That might help, and if you little one always wakes up in her normal sleeping place, she shouldn't develop the need to sleep with someone all the time.

I am a tollerant, laid back, happy mom of a beautiful baby girl who doesn't feel the need to justify her parenting style to you.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Try the lavender or chamomile lotion stuff and bathe her with the products, give her a body rub with the lotion and lay her down after. I learned this when I wads still in high school :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Squeakette
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Yeah, Tylenol doesn't help her. IB profin does, but not lately. She's getting 3 in at a time. She wont take a teether she barely eats and barely sleeps. all she does is yell all the time. Baths are nearly impossible, but they always are. she wants to play with the faucet.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Did you try tylenol and a warm bath? Works for my fussy teether

Squeakette
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:08 PM

She has bedtime bath products. they dont seem to affect her at all. If I can even get her to hold still long enough for a bath. and she's allergic to lotion.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Try the lavender or chamomile lotion stuff and bathe her with the products, give her a body rub with the lotion and lay her down after. I learned this when I wads still in high school :)

keeler_s
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Maybe she has an ear infection i would take her in and have them checked even if its just a tiny one that can make all the difference in the world! My daughter is 4.5 months old and is just getting over a ruptured ear drum and we didnt get sleep for probably 2 weeks prior to this her ears were bugging her but were not infected at the time and i had taken her in 3 times in 6 days they kept telling me they were fine until it ruptured and at that point she ended up on more meds than she would have been had they just treated it. She went from fine on a friday afternoon to a ruptured ear drum 24 hours later.

Good Luck and i hope you figure out whats going on soon! I know how tryin a sick child can be i have 4 kids.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Sorry Momma I just went through something very similar with Erin.  I was loosing my mind!!!!  I tried everything and what finally worked was she got over it.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Just stick to schedule and if shes still making noises after a certain amount of time ( I am a non cio mommy but whining and complaining isn't crying) then get her up and try again next nap time.  Also get her out of the house.  Go for walks , park, whatever to get her some fresh air .  This too shall pass!!

Aamy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Welcome to a 11m old ....... You just have to work through it. Keep it consistent and keep working at it. My DD stopped napping at 18m old. So GL !! 

IAmPregnant Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)