Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amish Grace

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

Anyone see the movie/series last night on Lifetime?  It was about how a mother was dealing with the death of her daughter aften a man took several young girls lives in an Amish schoolhouse.  I was wondering how accurate these movies about the Amish are?  Also, the girls that were shot were taken by ambulance to a hospital.  Do the Amish have medical insurance?  What about life insurance?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM

one of those ripped from the headlines movies. It thought all the girls he short but one were dead on arrival.

and I don't think they have either.

I wouldn't of forgiven that bastard.

Who Died in a Pineapple thanks to  

kavp84
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Totally OT, but roseberry, your signature made me LOL while drinking coffee! :P

MommyCakesinTX
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM

No they usually do not have medical insurance. They usually pay in cash for Dr visits and such. In the cases where they would need surgeries or dental work, the often go to Mexico.

harvgal04
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Uh I dont know about the amish lifestyle, But I do know that the incident that movie is based on is only like an hour from me.  It was horrible. They trusted that man, and he went in and did that. The girls, well some of them were in hershey medical center. I dont believe they have insurance though, But who knows, they might.

harvgal04
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

a few girls lived, i think tops is 3.

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

one of those ripped from the headlines movies. It thought all the girls he short but one were dead on arrival.

and I don't think they have either.

I wouldn't of forgiven that bastard.

kjbennett26
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

In living such a simple life how can they afford medical bills, such as the ones that would have come from the tragedy in the movie?  Also, if they go to Mexico how can they go all the way down from where many of them live in Pennsylvania?

On another note, I would have NEVER forgiven him either roseberry.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

The Amish in my area all recieve PA, no lie they get Medicaid and FS automatically. I have no idea why.

roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Sorry....*gigglesnort*

Quoting kavp84:

Totally OT, but roseberry, your signature made me LOL while drinking coffee! :P

Who Died in a Pineapple thanks to  

kjbennett26
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Quoting 2and2onway:

The Amish in my area all recieve PA, no lie they get Medicaid and FS automatically. I have no idea why.

Wow!  That really shocks me!

harvgal04
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM

i dont know how true the Mexico thing is, but they have money, trust me LOL.....They dont blow money on the stuff that we do. They are content with a simple life. I know they tried to raise money for the shooting incident. I'm pretty sure they denied the help, or  they may have accepted, i dont remember. Sorry.

Quoting kjbennett26:

In living such a simple life how can they afford medical bills, such as the ones that would have come from the tragedy in the movie?  Also, if they go to Mexico how can they go all the way down from where many of them live in Pennsylvania?

On another note, I would have NEVER forgiven him either roseberry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)