Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies who know about dogs..

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ladies I am not sure if this is right, but for a dog isn't it bad for them to be right outside while fireworks are going off? Like if you can avoid it, then do so. I thought fireworks were suppose to like pop their eardrums if I am not mistaken.

Does anyone know?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Never heard of that.  I wouldn't think so unless it's right by their ear or really close to them or something.  I probably wouldn't do it just b/c it would stress our dog out.  Maybe that's why, IDK.

vegepunkstr
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I just think it freaks some dogs out and some run away from home and stuff so thats why you lock them up.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I thought I heard it somewhere but idk.

Quoting MommytoNandA:

Never heard of that.  I wouldn't think so unless it's right by their ear or really close to them or something.  I probably wouldn't do it just b/c it would stress our dog out.  Maybe that's why, IDK.

Idiosyncratic
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

it won't damage their ears but it may hurt them...

most dogs just don't like them...

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

It won't hurt their ears its just some dogs freak out and need to be safely put up during so they can't hurt themselves freaking out.....other dogs could care less.

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Never heard of that... but some dogs are very scared of the noise and if that is the case I would not allow them to be outside.

Jadegirl1819
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I have never heard of that.  It's always suggested to bring your dog in during fireworks because they get scared and run off.  Many dogs end up lost or in the shelter because of it.

momma-flynn
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

It could hurt their ears if they are really close. But people have used dogs for hunting for years & their ears are ok after being around gunshots. My dog is scared of fireworks tho so she stays in the house. She actually stays in the bathtub lol. It's her safe spot. 

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Not sure.I know it scares my dogs.I freak out if someone lights fireworks around them,

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I have two german shepherds - one is totally bothered by fireworks and the other could care less if it exploded right in front of her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)