Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help. I am confused on ovulation

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

We decided last month to start trying this month. I have been tracking for several months to get my mind around it and be prepared. The only tracking I have done has been watching cm, checking cervical placement, and seeing how long my cycles were. They were ALL 29 days and I always ovulated when fertility friend and mymonthly cycles said I should. However, this month I started one day earlier than normal (June 2nd). One webiste says I should O on June 16 and the other on the 17th. So I bought some OPK's and took the first one two days ago. Obvious negative. The took two yesterday and the test line was getting much darker. Took another on just a bit ago and the test line is just as dark as control line, I think. Is it possible to O earlier this cycle than I have been? I have watery, almost ewcm (it stretches but not as far as what I usualy have when I think I am ovulating). Cervix is high and open. So all the signs are there, but we are trying for a boy (I do realize it is not 100% and God will give what is best) and that means we need to bd on day of ovulation. So we do not want to do it too early. What do you ladies think? Any ideas? I will try to edit this in a few minutes with pics.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandy716
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMVITT
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I never understood tracking it.  I think it causes more stress on the body and makes it harder to get pregnant.  Just stop using protection and have lots of fun.  That is what we did and got pregnant right away. 

mandy716
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Thanks.

Quoting JMVITT:

I never understood tracking it.  I think it causes more stress on the body and makes it harder to get pregnant.  Just stop using protection and have lots of fun.  That is what we did and got pregnant right away. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soakley
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:58 PM
My friend tracked for 6 months and she finally stopped tracking last month and just had fun and she just found out she was pregnant in Friday. I agree with this. Relax and have lots of fun and unprotected sex :)

Quoting JMVITT:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:06 PM

It's actually been shown that the sperm all travel at the same rate and live for the same length of time.  So it looks like you're fertile - go have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)