Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would like to thank all the pushy carseat moms......

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

if it wasnt for you insistance on car seat safety i would of never jumped on board....

last night i was at a wedding and went to pick up my son.. it had rained earlier last night but at 9ish it seemed to be dry.. i was on my way back to the wedding with my son and a deer jumped out.. i slammed on my brakes but the MINUTE i tapped them the car slid (apparently it was still wet) we went about 20-30 feet before going sideways down the road.. i could feel the pass side tires lifting off the ground.. i thought.. oh shit we are gonna roll for sure.. then all i could think about was hmmmm im so glad i jumped on the EH bandwagon.. we hit a bump which jerked the car around and we slowly slid to the ditch.. i jerk my head back to look for my son.. he looks at me said HOLY FUCK MOM, WHAT HAPPENED! i burst into tears.. i got thrown around in my seatbelt and it was on correctly.. i couldnt imagine if he was jsut in a booster sincec he is big enuff.. but no cuz of the carseat "nazis" i went and bought all new carseats that harness longer.. so now when someone bitches at me for my carseat safety mumbo jumbo i can say that i truely believe 100% on experience that it is the safest...and so worth the money... he was about to outgrow his true fit and now i AM DEAD SET SURE that he will be going in a britax frontier 85 and be harnessed untill he hits the max requirements for that seat.. all total we slid over 100 feet before resting barely in the ditch.. and i am 5' 5" and 120lbs and i jerk around..

anyways jsut remember when the carseat moms go crazy.. its for a good reason :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliehelvie
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM

clapping

I'm proud of you! It's great to hear success stories like this! I'm glad you all are safe! 

armywifenmom09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I have a journal that says why I am so glad I ERF.... Hang on and I'll C&P

I will continue to ERF and will EH as well... they have good advice and good intentions

On Tuesday May 11 I went to see my dad at his home. The kids and I had a good visit but as we were leaving our day took a turn for the worse.

I was driving down my dad's driveway at 5 to 10 mph. Not enough to do much damage, or so most people think. My minivan slid in mud and when I went to stop the van I realized I had no brakes and no room to correct. My van slid into a tree with my front paassenger tire taking the majority of the damage.

I hit hard enough completely tear my tire assembly apart... to be moved so that it can be repaired broken tire rods and other pieces had to be welded together... there is 2000 dollars worth of damage to the underside of my van in parts alone, not even counting in labor.

I took my kids into the emergency room an hour away from my dad's home to be looked at. They were acting fine but I wanted to be on the safe side and have them looked at. According to both the cop and the ER dr DD would have been severely injured had she been FFing. DS was fine as well. Both kids came out with nothing more than harness burns.

The policeman that worked the scene commended me on having my seats properly installed. Both seats moved but not nearly as much as they would have had they not been installed correctly....

Both kids were in Cosco Sceneras RFing at the time. Given that one harrowing experience I will continue to RF both of my kids until I can no longer find or afford a seat to keep them in.

roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Yeah, extended harnessing all the way. The woman are almost dated had her 5 yr old 40lbs in just the seat. I told her about the extended harnessing sand she bought her daughter the seat after a showed her the video.

A week later Olivia's with her dad, IN the new carseat when he hit black ice and rolled upside down into a ditch. She said it was like a roller coaster. Thankfully they were both okay.

Who Died in a Pineapple thanks to  

cypris420
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I'm so glad you guys are both alright!  Car seats are the way to go until they longer safely fit, IMO.

Question for you:  your son really said "Holy fuck Mom"?  How old is he?

abmm
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

So glad you guys were unharmed. I fully support ERF & EH. I cried when my son out grew his carseat. He is now in a HBB but he is almost 8. My 3 1/2yr old is rear facing and my almost 10yr old is in a booster.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I'm glad you guys are ok.

manamott
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I just switched my almost 4 year old 45lbs son back to a harness seat (Nautilus) from a booster too...I feel much better everytime Iget in the car. Thanks mamas!!!

heathermichelle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Glad you both were okay :) I have learned a lot from the car seat moms on here since I have joined cafemom. Thanks goodness for them and I educate anyone I can on  ERF and EH.

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM

So glad you guys are OK! 

I fully support informing everyone about the benefits of ERF and EH!  You can't choose something when you don't know about it!

kristy0833
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM

LOL yes he did say that... his daddy is a truck driver and has bad road rage and swearing issues and we are working on it :) i know i should of yelled at him for saying it but i just couldnt do it.. i was just happy he was ok

Quoting cypris420:

I'm so glad you guys are both alright!  Car seats are the way to go until they longer safely fit, IMO.

Question for you:  your son really said "Holy fuck Mom"?  How old is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)