Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atrocious manners!! WTH people?!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

OK mega vent coming.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO TABLE MANNERS?!?!?!?

Seriously. Its to the point where I *never* want to go out to a restaurant again. What with people talking with their mouths full, sneezing without covering their mouths, yelling, etc, I never want to eat near anyone again! And why the hell do so many people eat like prisoners? I feel like asking people "What jail did YOU just come from!?" ughhh. A fork is NOT a shovel!

Ughhhh. Dh took me to Dairy Queen last night and sitting there I lost my appetite! I saw some guy (mid 30s!!) LICKING the bowl. And CHEWING WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN.

Wtheck man?!!!?! Where's Mrs. Manners when you need her??

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM

You went to dinner at DAIRY QUEEN.Did you expect high-class patrons?

toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Um, no. But can one only expect manners from those who can afford a 3 course meal? Good to know..

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I love the nose blowing at the table!!!  YUCK!

alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting toadysmommy09:

Um, no. But can one only expect manners from those who can afford a 3 course meal? Good to know..

No lol. You can find pplwho lack manners anywhere. I was only joking :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM

oh lol i can never quite catch sarcasm on here =)

Quoting alotta_fagina:

Quoting toadysmommy09:

No lol. You can find pplwho lack manners anywhere. I was only joking :)

CullenLover
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM

ROFLMAO are you serious ? dairy queen and people are supposed to have impecable manners ? wow! but if you're that snobbish over going to dq and want to judge others get it to go and do high class manners @ home. and who are you to say they cannot afford a 3 course meal ?

toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hey Einstein. I said ANYWHERE. DQ was an example...

Thanks, try again.

Quoting CullenLover:

ROFLMAO are you serious ? dairy queen and people are supposed to have impecable manners ? wow! but if you're that snobbish over going to dq and want to judge others get it to go and do high class manners @ home. and who are you to say they cannot afford a 3 class meal ?

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I totally get where your coming from, and I agree with the PP and the nose blowing at the table!

jojo_85
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM

YES I bitch about table manners all the time. I still eat without my elbows on the table, a childhood pet peeve of my mothers that I still do. If I have something to say when I'm eating I cover my mouth and talk or finish my bite then speak.

I hate it when people have their kids at restaurants sitting in their highchairs and don't put a bib on them or anything, and let the kids cover themselves in muck, and let their kids throw food all over the place like it's the ok thing to do. I look over and gag almost every time. Kids are messy eaters anyway but PLS DEAR GOD WIPE THE CRAP OFF OF THEM.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Personally, I don't care if we are eating at a fast food joint, an expensive resturaunt, outside or a family gathering.....I will always make sure my kids(and stepkids) are using good table manners. 

It should be taught at home and should carry through everywhere you eat. 

That's just me...........

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)