Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

When your child says something, oh too honest, in public, to a stranger! lol  Do you apologize to the person, and tell your child, that it wasn't very nice......or do you ignore it, like nothing happened. Tell your stories!!! All children, are brutally honest...there should be some funny stories!! LMAO

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM

My daughter in entirely too shy to talk to strangers, but my son... not only does he make grand observations, but he asks uncomfortable questions....

for example: "WOW, you have really BIG BOOBIES!"

or my daughter: "Mommy, she as a pretty dress on."  my son: "No, that's a boy, he has a mustache."

or asking my husband's friend... "Why are you brown?"

he gets a lot of "AIDAN, that is inappropriate, we don't say things like that." 

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM

That's too funny!!!

Quoting wickedfiress:

My daughter in entirely too shy to talk to strangers, but my son... not only does he make grand observations, but he asks uncomfortable questions....

for example: "WOW, you have really BIG BOOBIES!"

or my daughter: "Mommy, she as a pretty dress on."  my son: "No, that's a boy, he has a mustache."

or asking my husband's friend... "Why are you brown?"

he gets a lot of "AIDAN, that is inappropriate, we don't say things like that." 

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I can't remember for sure, how old Lakyn was at the time, but I think she was about 4....anyways, she overheard me talking on the phone to a friend of mine about one of my co-workers. I was really pissed, I was telling my friend how I couldn't stand him, he's a jerk, and yadda yadda. The very next day, and I kid you not, I went to the bookstore, with Lakyn, and my co-worker was there!!! I don't know why, because he didn't live anywhere near me. Anyways, he walked up to me and said Hi, I said hi back, and I introduced Lakyn to him. And to my complete horror........she said, "oh that's the JERK"!! I said, Lakyn...don't say things like that. Then she said "that's what you said, you said he was a jerk". I said...."no I didn't", then she said "yes, you did mama. You said it last night on the phone". Ahhhhhhhhhh.....I was so embarrassed!! LOL

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

My daughter is notorious for saying things lol!  We were in the post office the other day, and she looked at the guy behind us in line and this came out of her mouth "Why do you have so many pretties on your face?"  He had several piercings lol.  He didn't hear her at first, so she asked again...Louder!  "You have a big pretty in your lip...why is it there?"  He wasn't sure what she meant by 'pretty' so I told him she was asking about the stud in his bottom lip.  He was really nice about it, told her that he wanted to put it there and went to a nice man that did it for him.  So of course she just had to ask why he couldn't do it himself LOL!

He actually told me that he appreciated the fact that I was okay with her asking about it before we left.  He said that he hates it when parents have kids that just stare, or when the parents hurry their kids off based on him having a few piercings.  It was nice to know that her honest curiosity was rewarded with information :)

mistie900
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM

We went to get my children's pictures taken and the woman that was doing them was overweight. Hailey was checking her out and said "Mommy, why are her arms so big?" So I said "Shh Hailey that's not nice to say" I thought it was all over, that we were in the clear because the lady was helping someone else and Hailey had said it really quietly. I was right... but after she got the pics done and was letting us choose the ones we want Hailey started poking her arm!! I thought "Oh my god" and said "Hailey please stop that's not nice to poke!" Luckily the lady was nice about it and said "It's squishy isn't it" When I told Hailey to stop she said "Oh she's okay!" I could have died of embarrassment lol.

key2ynot
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM

OMG  Once when DS was 3 or 4 we were at a store and there was a woman who had apparently just had eye surgery or something - she had an eye patch covering that eye.

Naturally, my darling child announced - very loudly - 'Look mom!  A pirate!'  

I about died.  I explained that it wasn't a nice thing to say and he should be quieter.  So what does he do......says it again!  I think I stammered an apology to the woman, who at that point seemed more amused than anything, but I was still mortified!

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:47 PM

That really made me laugh out loud!!!!!

Quoting key2ynot:

OMG  Once when DS was 3 or 4 we were at a store and there was a woman who had apparently just had eye surgery or something - she had an eye patch covering that eye.

Naturally, my darling child announced - very loudly - 'Look mom!  A pirate!'  

I about died.  I explained that it wasn't a nice thing to say and he should be quieter.  So what does he do......says it again!  I think I stammered an apology to the woman, who at that point seemed more amused than anything, but I was still mortified!

Ink.Me.Plz.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:49 PM

My oldest is in the habbit of pointing out big things...including people...We were at Walgreens sitting in the waiting area for a prescription and a larger lady walked up to the counter and my DD goes "Look mom, she's BIG!" I said "Shhh that's not nice, don't say that!" and she goes "But mom she's Biiig!" I was embarrassed and my DH took her away to explain to her she can't say that! lol I was bright red!

armywifenmom09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:51 PM

My kids are too little yet THANK GOD LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)