Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i take him to the er?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son is 18 months old. He has thrown up 3 times since midnight..my husband really believes he has food poisioning from eating pork that a friend made last night cause he threw up too.. I ate it and didn't throw up..but anyways he has had a 101-102 fever since midnight.. He won't eat will drink a little bit..He is playing and acting fine. I am just so worried about his fever and getting dehydrated..please help

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HLoeffler08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM

bump

toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

hm... is he keeps down fluids? 3x in over 12 hours isn't that bad...I'd wait it out and push the fluids and if he gets worse (lethargic or puking uncontrollably) take him in.. They can't do anything for him really, just give a anti-nausea.

GL

teresa06

Give him tylenol and try to make him drink stuff. I think he should be fine.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

If he is playing and acting fine then just keep monitoring him to make sure the fever doesn't get out of control.  Keep giving him liquids though...it is too easy for him to get dehydrated.

HLoeffler08

bump

HLoeffler08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Thanks ladies

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I wouldn't that is not really a fever and whats most important is how he is behaving.  If he is playing and acting fine just make sure and keep him hydrated and keep an eye on him.  Btw Momma I wouldn't do anything for the fever unless he is uncomfortable because fever is his body's way to fight off whatever it is.  Hope hes all better soon.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I wouldn't. I would just keep pushing fluids and watching him. I don't think that warrents a trip to the ER if it was my child.

lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM

If he keeps vomiting, and is unable to keep fluids down, I would take him in. He might need an IV, for fluid. Just keep an eye on him. Make sure he is having plenty of wet diapers. Little ones' tend to get dehydrated, easily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)