Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you learn to cook?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  • 52 Replies

I was chuckling to myself today as I was cutting an onion up for some roast.  I remember when I first got married, I was so desperate to learn to cook and prepare food that I always had my laptop on my counter while attempting to cook. And yeah, I was the idiot with the cutting board and knife sitting at the desktop learning the proper way to chop an onion. That was 8 years ago. I'm better now! How did you learn to cook? Mom? Grandma? Youtube? :-)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifenmom09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I can't cook... literally cannot boil water

Kimora_neko
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:23 PM

my DH does most of the cooking. he loves to cook. I learned by myself and from him

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I began cooking at the age of 3....yep, 3. My parents started me out cooking scrambled eggs with them and by the age of 4 I was making fried chicken and homemade biscuits. I have always cooked and baked...then, I got married and cooked for all of Dh's single friends in the military. Once we got out of the military, I went to Culinary School... I am now a Chef turned SAHM.

Claire

RJFegwRLW21109
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Trial and error and plenty of cooking shows!!

momma-flynn
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I've been cooking since I was 5. We were just raised that way. I'm starting to teach my dd & she loves it! And my mom is a horrible cook. My dad is great & would try gourmet things & me & my brother both turned out loving to cook. 

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM

My Dad and my Mom.  My Dad did most of the cooking at home, but Mom did all of the baking and some of the cooking. 

I had Home Ec in Highschool, and worked in a rehabilitation center for the elderly(in the kitchen). 

I also spent 6 years as a cook in the Army.

mama_2_jasper
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Just trying out recipes, and RACHAEL RAY! lol

isleysmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

My dad taught me how to cook.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

A Chef.....that's so awesome!!

I  could spend all day watching the Food Network channel. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

I began cooking at the age of 3....yep, 3. My parents started me out cooking scrambled eggs with them and by the age of 4 I was making fried chicken and homemade biscuits. I have always cooked and baked...then, I got married and cooked for all of Dh's single friends in the military. Once we got out of the military, I went to Culinary School... I am now a Chef turned SAHM.

Claire

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

a_and_j_momma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I guess I learned it growing up. Everyone in my family can cook...including the men lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)