Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you let your child????

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you allow your child to visit the other child in their house?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (there is always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

You have fairly new neighbors  (6 months or less) who have a child around the same age as your child. You realize the parents are having a hard time and you do your best to help out. Including giving them food when they run short, advice on where the best places to get certain stuff and even watching their child and picking them up from school cause the mom is working and dad is not allowed to watch the dd until he takes parenting classes.You are also on ther emergecny contact ppl.   you even help out with their grandchild (from an older dd ) when the dad of the infant was outside watching the kids and became overwhelmed when his infant had a spit up issue that seemed never ending and he asked for help.  but you find out that the father (the one who has to take parenting classes and the father of the infant) decide to smoke weed outside where the children are playing. (not on top of them but close enough to see and smell it)  this is the first time you've seen that they smoke this.  But you know the dad had been in jail for an issue relating to weed.  Would you allow your child to go in their house after that?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booger14
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM

BUMP!

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM
I would ask politely that he not smoke around my kid and if he has issue with it, no I wouldn't. I have absolutely no issue with people that smoke marijuana. I've been known to smoke some ganj myself, but it should not be around children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABMommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM

absolutely not...they wouldn't have been allowed to go over there in the first place, though their child would be welcome to play in my yard with my children.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Nope.

EvaSerenity
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Msgme:

You have fairly new neighbors  (6 months or less) who have a child around the same age as your child. You realize the parents are having a hard time and you do your best to help out. Including giving them food when they run short, advice on where the best places to get certain stuff and even watching their child and picking them up from school cause the mom is working and dad is not allowed to watch the dd until he takes parenting classes.You are also on ther emergecny contact ppl.   you even help out with their grandchild (from an older dd ) when the dad of the infant was outside watching the kids and became overwhelmed when his infant had a spit up issue that seemed never ending and he asked for help.  but you find out that the father (the one who has to take parenting classes and the father of the infant) decide to smoke weed outside where the children are playing. (not on top of them but close enough to see and smell it)  this is the first time you've seen that they smoke this.  But you know the dad had been in jail for an issue relating to weed.  Would you allow your child to go in their house after that?

Here's my main issue...what happened here?

Rychelle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM

umm no.. and the weed would be the least of my reasons why..

KaylasMiracle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I have a similar situation... a girl and her mom moved in with Grandma across the street...the little girl is a sweetheart her and my daughter play very nicely, unfortunately Mom is an ex-meth addict, Dad (doesn't live there) just got out of jail, and Grandma has serious drinking issues. So far all playdates have been at my house and I don't want my daughter going over there, but don't know how to politely say no. It's tricky nowadays keeping our kids safe without offending others.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Quoting EvaSerenity:

Quoting Msgme:

Here's my main issue...what happened here?

I don't know all the details and i've been given parts of the story and I'm  not even sure its true or how much is true  from what they've told me Its because he's been in jail.  When she first moved in he was still in jail and as far as I know he did 6 months for a weed related issue. He told my dh they were really broke and he made a mistake.  But the first time i picked their dd up from school she told me he should be home by the time I got back with the girls. so i brought her upstairs to drop her off. He was home as was a man in a suit and an ID worn around his neck. He looked official  but I didnt stay to ask details.  2 mins later she shows up at my door telling me I need to watch her till her mom comes home.  That night mom told me he can't watch her without parenting classes casue he was in jail.  I'm sure there is lots more to the story but none of my business. 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Rychelle:

umm no.. and the weed would be the least of my reasons why..

just so everyone knows my dd is not allowed to play in thier house.  she hasnt been  In months Even before i found out about dad needing parenting classes.  there style of parenting is very different than mine and due to some choices they have made that i've seen i've chosen to keep her out of thier house.  But I still babysit the lil girl and still help them out as much as i can.   The reason i'm asking is because of a conversation I got into with 2 other parents who witnessed dad smoking the weed.  They apparently were quite shocked  lol

lvnmylif
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Not unsupervised.  I would most likely distance myself from the situation entirely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)