Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you f-ing serious??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM
  • 33 Replies

OMG So the other day I went into the garage to get some meat from our large freezer, it was cold and raining so I was going as fast as I could so I wouldn't get soaked.  Not thinking all the way i took out the meat and left the lid of the freezer open.
Well today DH went out to take inventory because we are going shopping and he wanted to see what we all needed and found I had left the freezer open. 
Before assesing the situtaion he walks in gives me a dirty look and says YOU totally ruined EVERYTHING in the freezer!
I had to think for a minute to realize what he might have been talking about.
Then I go out there.  The only thing ruined was six lbs of hamburger. We still have like 8 lbs in there that are fine, and the rest of the meat is fine too.  He is acting all pissed off at me now.
Seriously? First of all it was an honest mistake, its not like I did it on purpose and sorry but stuff happens.  He has forgotten to put oil in the car many times and was driving it with no oil in it for a couple weeks before I actually checked it, did I yell at him? No I just said, you forgot the oil again, its a good thing I had money and put some in. 

six things of hamburger, not a whole lot and we had extra of it anyway so its not really a big deal.  The rest of the food is fine and he is acting like  unplugged the thing and we lost 100 dollars worth of meat...at best it was maybe 20 dollars worth of extra.  We are not going to starve by losing extra food.  It was a mistake and he is acting like I did such a horrible thing.

If he starts lecturing me like a fricken child I am going to smack him. Yeah if I make a stupid human mistake he actually lectures me like a fricken 4 year old.  Stupid stuff like forgetting to put the phone on the hook, or leaving my hard drive plugged into the computer.
OMG if there is one thing I hate about the man THAT is it...

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSVDP
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

And now he is in the bathroom ignoring anything I say to him...WOW someone has a stick up their ass today...

Bianca008
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Been there done that. When I did that my hubby just grilled all the thawed meat and he was in protein heaven . You said it was the other day so I guess that's not an option for you . Now we lock the freezer so it can never happen again . Sorry your hubbys not talking to you . He'll get over it .

tyra618
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM

jokingly say if you don't shit that stick out soon I'll be forced to get the pliers and remove it forcefully.   I kid.  Tell him even if he acts like he is ignoring you.  Say it once.  Say Listen I'm only saying this once so here it goes.  I'm sorry it was an accident your not perfect. neither am I..   Only the 6lbs went bad it could have been worse now build a bridge and get over it.  Then walk away. 

JSVDP
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM

LOL well there is a running joke in my family, started with my step dad. If a male member of the family(husbands included) decides to act like a jerk for a period of time, we give that person a stick as a gift.  LOL its passed hands many times since we gave it to my Step Dad, it went to my sister and her DH a couple time(sometimes the women need it too), my brother has had it a couple times, my little sister has it now. 
I think its time for my husband to get the "gift" LOL  we usually wrap it with a note that says "Here is your stick, I removed it while you were sleeping" LOL.  Usually gets lots of laughs especially around christmas.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:28 AM

How long have you been married?  Hopefully the longer you're married, the less he'll act like that!

(My kid have left my freezer open more than once . . . I lost a lot of food the last time around!)

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I'm not man hating at all because I have a great husband, but men really do act like 2 year olds sometimes. My husband throws these little tantrums about the most ridiculous things and I just have to look at him like, honey do you need a time out to compose yourself. lol When he gets like that the kids and I just start laughing at him and then he realizes how ridiculous he sounds and he can't help but laugh at himself too.

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I like your new avi btw. You look very pretty in that pic.

JSVDP
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Yeah he is cranky apparently because he has an earache...we went grocery shopping yesterday, and he actually got pissed at himself because he dropped the coffee.  nothing spilled or anything he just dropped it when he was putting it away and he started cursing and pretty much throwing a fit. 
I texted my mom and asked her if she had ever seen a grown man throw a fit like a 2 year old, she said no but it would be funny LOL.  I thought so too.  the kids were looking at him like he was nuts.  I had to take them outside to keep from laughing at him and make it worse.

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Just curious,how long was the lid open? If it was open a long-a$$ed time,I know I would'nnt want to eat the meat.And I don't have a lot of money to waste,so if someone did that to my meat,I'd be kinda upset too.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Sorry I agree with your Dh. I would be pissed to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)