Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Premenstrual symptoms??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone else get horrible PMS?  I am not talking some bad cramps.  I am talking horrible cramps, can't get out of bed the first day type.   As well as mood swings that make you feel like a nutcase!!  I am so sick of these PMS symptoms and the doctor telling me I probably have PMDD, here is an antidepressant and some Birth control pills.  I am not sure what else to do with this.  Can anyone relate? 

Side note, It's pretty typical in my family for the women to have horrible PMS and menopause.  My mom was in her 60's before she stopped having a period, which is not normal.  Anyone else been there?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
estrellasbebe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Not anymore. Here's a bump for you.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I don't have it that bad, but my PMS has gotten worse the older I get.  There are dietary things you can do . . . but I can't give up my caffeine (among other things...)

Good luck! 

Michelle2003mom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I do, really bad. The doc diagnosed me with PMDD too. Said he would put me on prozac.  I can't take prozac and don't want to be on meds, so each month I suffer. I have gotten better at not taking it out on hubby anymore. 

ready_for2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:35 AM

yep, i got put on YAZ which really helped

but then when i started seeing commercials from law offices saying if you or a loved one has suffered this or that or DEATH from yaz, call us...i immediatley quit taking it! i started reading up on it, it was killing tons of healthy young women.

it really messed me up when i went off it. i started TTC and it took 8 months, i think that had a lot to do with it.

i have not found anything else that helps as much as YAZ did

slimspady
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Yes. I have stage 4 endo. I get so bad that I want to lock myself in my room and stay there until its over. Thank God it will be over soon. I am having it all taken out. I won't have to go thru it anymore.

luv2wahm
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Basically, my PMS is like getting the flu every month. I get a low grade fever, body aches and chills, fatigue, nausea, and headaches..

kiko2mommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Yeah, Im in the same boat. Just waiting to hear from the scheduling clerk. I also just lost my aunt to ovarian cancer. So its all coming out. Im lucky enough that even though Im still young my OB/GYN is willing to take it all out. He is also my mom and my sisters Dr., so he has seen what they went through at my age.

Quoting slimspady:

Yes. I have stage 4 endo. I get so bad that I want to lock myself in my room and stay there until its over. Thank God it will be over soon. I am having it all taken out. I won't have to go thru it anymore.

Kyah, 10           Gracie, 7          Haylee & Hanna 3

CupOfCake88
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Oh yeah I have undiagnosed PMDD.  It runs in my family also.  My mom had three girls and her all living in one house and all starting around the same time! lol.  We also have a history of depression in our family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)