Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just when i think we are getting somewhere......

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

the cat and my 3 year old clash AGAIN!!! we have been working so hard to teach aiden to respect sebastian, to give him his space and when he does come near to be respectful and to always pet nicely and slowly. well it seems to backfire ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!! just now my son showed me a scratch from sebastian, he was teasing him AGAIN!!! and no, we are not getting rid of the cat, we have had him since he was 6 weeks old, 8 years, and he is not a vicious cat, he is just old and cranky and wants his space, and yes he has high places he can go if he needs, or places he can hide if he needs a break.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey Jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better.

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
terrabiglieri
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM

my kids and the cat are the same way. My daughter is 5 now and the cat has really started to see her as a companion and not a threat, it takes time. My 4 and 18 month old still torture the cat and she runs when she sees them coming. lol

ProudMuslimMa2B
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM

It might be a lot to ask for a 3 year old. Maybe things will cool down when Aiden gets a little bigger.

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM
My cat, Mo is normally very tolerant of my Aiden (who's 11 months now and only touches her when she's near him), but for some reason, she randomly came up to him and bit his face! I don't know if she was annoyed because he was crying or what... She didn't hurt him any. Didn't even leave marks, but it was just so weird that she did that.

I don't know what you should do about how your Aiden treats your poor old kitty... I'm wondering how I'll teach DS to be nice to Mo when he gets older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM

awww, i cant believe your cat did that!!! poor sebastian is getting old too. im not is biggest fan but i try to treat him with respect, which i definantly dont get back, lol, hes a cat what do i expect?! haha. i try my best to show aiden how to be nice, and do punish him if he teases the cat which he knows not to do, and he knows its naughty! im just at my wits end....

Quoting Mommavieve:

My cat, Mo is normally very tolerant of my Aiden (who's 11 months now and only touches her when she's near him), but for some reason, she randomly came up to him and bit his face! I don't know if she was annoyed because he was crying or what... She didn't hurt him any. Didn't even leave marks, but it was just so weird that she did that.

I don't know what you should do about how your Aiden treats your poor old kitty... I'm wondering how I'll teach DS to be nice to Mo when he gets older.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey Jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better.

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Hopefully your child will connect the pain of scratches with what he's doing and start to avoid the cat!

Good luck!

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:38 AM

When DS was a baby he would grab out cats fur by the hand full, twist and pull. The cat threatened but never did anything. We just kept telling him to be gentle, he is very nice to her now. We figure if he is going to torment the cat and he gets scrached...its his own fault. I'm not going to get mad at the cat when DS is pulling her fur out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)