Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies hubby and I are not sure what to do and wondered if anyone else has been in same position! Sry so long. PIOG UPDATE!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

 Well we never did hear back from the shingles company so not sure why but know it wasnt the place for hubby! But there is awesome news. After two long months of waiting for something open hubby will be starting new job at 7:30 am tomarrow morning. It is a base pay and them commision and bonuses but he is the type that can sell swimsuit to an eskimo. LOL It is a route job selling welding supplies and the route is already there for him. The guy who had it had to leave the company do to cancer. So that is sad for him but ya know. So I wanted to thanks for all the advise and prayers from you all!! Thanks so much!

 Ok here is the situation! Hubby was fired from his job on April 10th. We transfered here to Oklahoma back in November. Hubby has been witht he same company since Aug of 07 but the guys up here that run this branch are literally idiots. Hubby was let go cause the trucks (hes a truck driver) where very unsafe and if he had been pulled over he would have been shut down and they would have given him ticket for the problems not the company cause they say that you are the driver and you should have known that truck wasnt safe with such and such wrong with it.

So he has put in resumes everywhere and tons of ppl are telling him we arent hiring now so call back in month. Well he has done three interviews with Pepsi and we are just waiting to hear back from them on whether he gets the job or not. It has been a full month since his face to face interview and he has called like twice a week since to see if they decided anything and all they say is you are in the running for the job when decision is made you will get an email from us.

So he got an email from another company the other day. So we called like it said and it is for cdl driver for hauling shingles for this company. So we go and he does the interview so they sent him to do the drug screen. Well we got back home cause we have to wait for screen to come back b4 they can put him to work. So we was waying all the pros and cons of the job and waiting for Pepsi.

Well if he takes the job he will have to drive an hour and half to work and hour and half home. Plus with it being shingles we are worried that when summer is over he will not have any work. So then we get to putting in what he will bring home each week and since they said that he will work all the hours that are dot alotted we will loose the insurance for the kids so we will have to go 90 days without any insurance for the kids.

So what would you guys do?? Would you wait for the Pepsi job who has insurance the day you start and awesome benefits but you dont know how much longer you will have to wait? Or would you go with the one where he will be gone from sun up to sun down pretty much anywhere from 5 to 6days depending on how long his days are and loose insurance?

Please no bashing and thanks for any impute. We are really trying to do the most responsible thing. And our kids are all young from 1 to 9 and there is 4 of them. Again thanks so much for any advise!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calledmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM

 bump, I'm not sure what I would do in your situation, hope someone can help and you and your family are in my thoughts during this difficult time!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM

With a family to support, I would take the first thing that comes my way.

tyra618
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM

 I'd start the job that was offered.  If the job with pepsi comes through then I'd quit.  Maybe not the best idea but a job is a job at this point.  Yes he may be away more with crappy beni job but at least money will be coming in until something better comes along.   Good luck. 

MOMOF2154
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM

 Wow that would be a rough deciscion. Are you financially atble enough to wait awhile longer to see if he gets the other job? If not he may ahve to take this one. Is there anyway he could take this job and then leave if pepsi calls? I am not sure how truck driving jobs work. Sorry not any help. Hope everything works out.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM

 I would take the job offered until something better came along.

tinker_belly
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM

In this case, I'd tell dh to take the job offer.  There is no guarantee that Pepsi will give him the job.  They could just be keeping  him in the files until they need a worker and no telling how long that will be considering a month already passed.

sleepyone00
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM

there is cobra insurance and state insurance has ways of keeping you on until benifits start with the job.  i would go with the first one offered and then take the better one if and when it is offered.

catwalksymphony
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM

 I would start at the job offered for the steady payflow, then if the pepsi job comes through i would quit. You have to do what you have to do.

mom2wy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM

 Ya he could quit at any time the prob is that in that field they do look at time on jobs. The last two jobs he has had where on job for over 2yrs. That is why it is hard to decide that and insurance. Kids arent sick but our 4yr old has really bad allergies and takes meds for those and hubby has his high blood pressure meds.

Quoting MOMOF2154:

 Wow that would be a rough deciscion. Are you financially atble enough to wait awhile longer to see if he gets the other job? If not he may ahve to take this one. Is there anyway he could take this job and then leave if pepsi calls? I am not sure how truck driving jobs work. Sorry not any help. Hope everything works out.

 

Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I would take the job until you know for sure that Pepsi wants to hire him.  They've been keeping him on the back burner too long for you to depend on them giving him a job.  Why not bring in the money from the one job until the other one comes through?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)