Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever been to Nashville, Cincinnatti, or Indianapolis?? HELP.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

DH and I have been thinking about taking a weekend trip when he is on vacation in July. I want to stay somewhere close. We live in Louisville, Ky. What Ive thought of is Nashville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnatti.

I have been to all of those places... with friends from HS/College, to concerts, festivals, etc. but never really had family vacation there. My DD is 2 and we want to do something fun for her before her new sister comes.

Heres what I've found so far...
Cincinnatti: Newport Aquarerium, Cinncinatti Zoo.
Indianapolis:Indianapolis Childrens Museum, and the Indi Zoo.
Nashville:Science Center (?), Nashville Zoo, Rainforest Cafe.

Any advice, suggestions, or fun places to go with a toddler would be GREAT.
& Cool places to eat would be great too. (Places like the Rainforest Cafe.)
Thanks.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I cannot remember the name of the place in Indy,  I will ask about it, but its a pizza place that delivers your food by train!

lyric2005
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I have been to the Indy museum and the zoo and they are both worth it. Especially if for kids if you are bringing kids with you.

lyric2005
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Is it Pizza King? We have one near where I live and I live in Indiana and they deliver by a small train through the restaurant.

Quoting college.mom:

I cannot remember the name of the place in Indy,  I will ask about it, but its a pizza place that delivers your food by train!

Stop by and vote on the names I have for our new arrival (click the link below)

http://babynames.com/namelist/9745330

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge TickerBaby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Mom2theboy1994

I wouldn't suggest Nashville. We are still recovering from the floods. The Rainforest Cafe was in Oprymills Mall, which is still closed. Sorry mama. :(

We did go to Cincinnati a few years back and did both the Newport Aquarium and the zoo. It was a fantastic time! if I am "voting", I'm voting for Cincinnati. :)

Brenna
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Nashville is fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.rachel

I'd go to Cincinnati. I've never been. I didn't care for Nashville. Indy is okay.

ready_for2

indianapolis has a great museum and zoo! we just took our son to the zoo a few weeks ago, there is a petting zoo inside that has farm animals and also an area where you can pet the sharks. they have a small water splash area for kids to run around that has little fountains and stuff, and also they have dolphin shows

Elayna90
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM
the rainforest cafe was in opry mills and will still be closed for sometime. the zoo here is great. nashville shores the water park can be good for toddler as it has baby pools and what not. um... downtown in itself is pretty awesome and has tons of little shops and a few museums. There are severeal things to do in the Nashville area and a lot of the places here are kid friendly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I think so maybe!  We went to one right outside Indy, near Brownsburg, which is where my auntie lives.  We also went to see the fireworks for forth of July in Indy one year, and of course we went to the brickyard 500.

Quoting lyric2005:

Is it Pizza King? We have one near where I live and I live in Indiana and they deliver by a small train through the restaurant.

Quoting college.mom:

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
Elayna90
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM
the rainforest cafe was in opry mills and will still be closed for sometime. the zoo here is great. nashville shores the water park can be good for toddler as it has baby pools and what not. um... downtown in itself is pretty awesome and has tons of little shops and a few museums. There are severeal things to do in the Nashville area and a lot of the places here are kid friendly. oh, and the andrew jackson. riverfront park...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)