Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give me your take on this (long)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: How would you handle this?

Options:

Yes Speak Your Mind

Keep Your Distance

I Wouldn't It's Your Family

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

So i have the type of family that you don't hear from them unless they want something.that is sad because this is the main reason i hate to visit them.for an example: i like to visit my mom because i still have two younger brothers that live with her( they are 8 and 12).my no good ass grandmother also lives with her.Everytime i go to see them either my mom wants a ride or my grandmother wants a ride or money.Now the story about my grandmother is she's on drugs(crack to be exact) and has been since my mom has been born.she won't get help or a job YET can go away for days and come back complaining about shit.My mom on the other hand has worked since she was 16 but had been laid off from her last job which was about 2 yrs ago and job searching has been hard for her because she can't drive and most of the time she has no bus fare.BUT she gets CS for my two brothers and my younger brother father pays the rent where she lives right now.I have gotten to the point where i have became a bitch...yes a bitch.i'm known for having a big heart but they tend to take advantage of that.my car is not a fucking cab in no way shape or form.when people have problems they call me and most of them time i don't answer.my grandmother thinks she can get a ride everytime i come over and of course i tell her no.she won't even get a fucking job yet she can go out and smoke crack with her friends and not help my mom? and my mom...oh boy that's another thing.she get's money and off to walmart she goes.even when she don't need it,so she has a spending problem.you would think someone who has no job would want to save right? nope not my mom.i'm seriously thinking about just staying away from them and the other's who bugs the shit of me.that decision is hard because i'm 8 months pregnant and i know my mom wants to be there BUT i will not be used by no one.i just feel bad knowing that if i stay away my brothers won't see me.so tell me if you were in my shoes what would you do? this doesn't just apply to my mom and grandmother but others in my family that do it too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I am moving out of state to get away from 'strings attatched' family.  I would just leave them alone.  Let your brothers know that they can still contact you, but you are chosing to not have contact with mom and others for your own health, mental or otherwise.

pooh_williams
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM

UGH im sorry i dont know what to tell you. that is a hard spot to be in. Here is a bump and some GL sent your way.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I would speak my mind. Your bothers would love to keep you in their lives.

activitymode
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM

At some point you are going to have deal with this.  I'm sorry you have a lousy family.  I have an aunt who has been a crack addict alcoholic for the last 30 yrs or so.  They are very selfish and can only think of their habit and how to get more.  You should cut her off completely.  No more rides or money or anything cause you don't know what's being done with it.  Your mother on the otherhand is a hard one, she is your mother but you are the child and shouldn't be responsible for her.  Good luck!

iwanabemomie
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM

You pretty much gave me the advice i was looking for thanks.

Quoting massteria:

I am moving out of state to get away from 'strings attatched' family.  I would just leave them alone.  Let your brothers know that they can still contact you, but you are chosing to not have contact with mom and others for your own health, mental or otherwise.

Suri2010
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM
I would tell everyone to piss off and tell my brothers they can call me anytime
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iwanabemomie
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:23 PM

You know whats funny? right after i wrote this post my cousin texted me and asked me if i had a few dollars lol.i nicely told him i no longer let people borrow money and that what i said wasn't just for him but for others also.

activitymode
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Quoting iwanabemomie:

You know whats funny? right after i wrote this post my cousin texted me and asked me if i had a few dollars lol.i nicely told him i no longer let people borrow money and that what i said wasn't just for him but for others also.

Good for you!

iwanabemomie
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Thanks it felt doing it lol

Quoting activitymode:

Quoting iwanabemomie:

Good for you!

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I can't relate sorry. My mom has MS and I gladly help her out with rides when she needs to get somewhere ( or simply wants to go somewhere) so I don't understand not wanting to help. But your first priority needs to be yourself and your family so I suggest doing whatever you need to do to keep yourself and family (your SO , kids etc) happy and healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)