Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too stressful!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

Putting your children into daycare that is. I have been searching for childcare for my kids for 2 weeks and have not found anything I am comfortable with!

This sucks.

That's all.

Just needed to vent.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM

this is what grandparents are for

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Wow.   May i ask what your list is that you look for in a daycare?  Have you tried a church based one?

AmeyX2KidZ
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Not all gparents are available.

Quoting iluv2meow:

this is what grandparents are for

AmeyX2KidZ
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Wow.   May i ask what your list is that you look for in a daycare?  Have you tried a church based one?

Not really much more than expected...clean in appearance, nice friendly staff, children being engaged/stimulated rather than just "free playing" all day, safe outside equipment, appropriate meals/snacks, proper ratios, etc...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Up to an certain age Freeplay is how they learn social interaction and such.  Now if the places just let the babies lay in same place all day, that would annoy me.  Did you hang out all day to see if that was the case?

AmeyX2KidZ
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I would return to some that I thought I "liked" and everytime I came back it was the same thing going on...kids just playing (sometime wildly) while the teachers stood by. I know freeplay is good, but when a schedule is posted that says a learning activity is supposed to be going on each time I visit the place and it's not...leaves me to believe my child will be left to her own vises all day and that is not ok with me. I want a place that is going to stimulate and work with them. Even when I worked in daycares, during freetime the teachers were encouraged to safely interact with the children. If I don't get a good "vibe" about a place...I can't leave my children there. I just can't.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Up to an certain age Freeplay is how they learn social interaction and such.  Now if the places just let the babies lay in same place all day, that would annoy me.  Did you hang out all day to see if that was the case?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Ah ok, yes I see now.  The vibes i would rely on as well.

Quoting AmeyX2KidZ:

I would return to some that I thought I "liked" and everytime I came back it was the same thing going on...kids just playing (sometime wildly) while the teachers stood by. I know freeplay is good, but when a schedule is posted that says a learning activity is supposed to be going on each time I visit the place and it's not...leaves me to believe my child will be left to her own vises all day and that is not ok with me. I want a place that is going to stimulate and work with them. Even when I worked in daycares, during freetime the teachers were encouraged to safely interact with the children. If I don't get a good "vibe" about a place...I can't leave my children there. I just can't.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)