Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for those of u have kids on Socisl Security disabilty

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM
  • 17 Replies

My daughter has been denied disabilty cause her condition is and can be treated,she has Heterotaxy Syndrome,instead of 4 chambers she has 2 and a half,the left side is working harder then the right,the top part of her heart is telling the bottom of her heart to squeeze but its getting lost  somewhere between,her spleen didnt fully devolope and get sick easily,her intestines are mal rotated,she has a pacemaker to regulate her heart rate and will need one for the rest of her life,she is getting ready to have a reconstruction surgery on her heart and will need to have surgery on her intestines.her legs and back arent strong enough to hold her up,i am in the process of appealing it but her case worker isn't calling me back or anything,its been 3 weeks since i talked to her.if your child is on Social Security disability,why are they on it?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM

My DD is schizencephaly (brain malformation), sept optic dysplasia (under developed optic nerve and missing a structure of her brain), and hydrocephalus (extra fluid on the brain).

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM
My son has severe autistic disorder/Low functioning autism.

lilyNnannysmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM

i had midgutmalrotation when i was born too......ive never even heard of anyone else thats had it......i was 7 when then found and corrected it

two_dark_eyez
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM
My daughter has a nameless chromosome anomaly, hypothyroidism, macrocephaly, a g-tube, and dysmorphic features.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cymbeline
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM

My daughter is on SSI because she has Rett Syndrome. She is unable to walk, talk, feed herself, use her hands purposefully, and she has seizures. She needs full care in every aspect of life. She also has digestion issues and breathing problems.

My son gets SSI for having Aspergers, so his needs are far less involved.

ILive4This
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM

My son gets SSD, but that's b/c his dad is disabled.  I'm not with his dad anymore, but I'm the custodial parent, so I get a check every month.

18hearts
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM

We just found out that our daughter was approved. She was born with proteus syndrome.  She has a 10% chance of ever being able to walk & every 6 months to a year she has to have fluid drained from her brain. So far she has a mild form of it but we were told that over the course of her life it will get worse.

r05373af
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM

they most always deny the first time filed.  appeal it you will not get turned down.  my aunt fought ten years for her and she now gets it.  she will recieve 800 a month.  and they have to back date it to when she first applied 10 years ago.  my son gets it for his aspergers and many other health problems.

two_dark_eyez
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Forgot, my daughter also has hypotonia, I'm on mobile and I can't edit my reply. My daughter was approved in a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmm
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM

My son has Aspergers as well. I was thinking about getting him on SSI..but I'm gonna admit I'm not every educated on it..If I get him on SSI, does it mean he'll be labeled as disabled for life? And won't be able to get a job in the future? Is this the same thing as being on disablilty?I'm confused..Sorry for the million questions!

Quoting Cymbeline:

My daughter is on SSI because she has Rett Syndrome. She is unable to walk, talk, feed herself, use her hands purposefully, and she has seizures. She needs full care in every aspect of life. She also has digestion issues and breathing problems.

My son gets SSI for having Aspergers, so his needs are far less involved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)