Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex = PAINFUL Contractions lasting for hours & nothing helps

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ill be 36 wks tomorrow, I haven't lost my mucus plug, and my Dr checked me on the 1st & said I haven't dilated or effaced at all.

I've gotten into a "constantly horny" phase. I guess you can call it a phase.. Anyway, the last two nights, after we have sex, I'll have PAINFUL contractions. I try drinking lots of water, laying on my left side, laying on my right side, hot baths, etc. Walking around only makes it more painful. I know what's causing it, so I know I can prevent it. What I'm wondering is if this means labor will follow soon! My first came two days before her due date, so I cant say I'd be terribly disappointed if my second comes a little early. I'm not wishing for her to come tooo early, just when I'm considered full term..

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:46 AM

I'm not sure there's really any correlation between contractions after sex and the onset of labor . . . especially when you're only 36 weeks.

But here's a BUMP!  

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:55 AM

No this doesn't mean labor is coming soon. You are having contractions because of the orgasims (which you know). You could go into labor earlier then your first (and semen is said to help stimulate the onset of labor) but seeing as how you are berely 36 weeks it is too soon for this to be real labor. Not saying that it is impossible but you aren't "full term" until 37 weeks and even that early some babies can have breathing problems. I would say that if you have a lot of pain after sex then it is your body telling you that something is wrong and you need to stop. Easier said then done. I know. With my last baby he was breech. My doc didn't want me to go into labor so he told me no sex the last month of pregnancy. I was horribly horny by that point and it just about killed me. lol But masturbation helped and didn't cause the severe contractions. (TMI sorry). You need to talk to your doc about this.

Tay-Brittnie
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:02 AM

My doctor told me that sex is one of the things that can put you into labor, but I thought that was full term.  Maybe they're off a week and you are full term?!?!  Idk, but good luck!

ShadowLark
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Unless it sets off preterm labor.

Mama, I'd hold off on the sex for one more week.  Then you can make up for lost time and just see what happens!  GL!

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

No this doesn't mean labor is coming soon. You are having contractions because of the orgasims (which you know). You could go into labor earlier then your first (and semen is said to help stimulate the onset of labor) but seeing as how you are berely 36 weeks it is too soon for this to be real labor. Not saying that it is impossible but you aren't "full term" until 37 weeks and even that early some babies can have breathing problems. I would say that if you have a lot of pain after sex then it is your body telling you that something is wrong and you need to stop. Easier said then done. I know. With my last baby he was breech. My doc didn't want me to go into labor so he told me no sex the last month of pregnancy. I was horribly horny by that point and it just about killed me. lol But masturbation helped and didn't cause the severe contractions. (TMI sorry). You need to talk to your doc about this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)