Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Skills?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know i should not judge other parents an I really try not to! But what do you do when you have a friend who has children an they are a bad influence? I only have a almost 2 year old an I know he is still young but he is a sponge. Some of my friends kids let them cuss an hit an act like little demons sometimes! I know it's not the childs fault we are the parents an they learn from what we let them. But should I not take my kids to there event such as parties,playdates,parks.etc just because I don't like there parenting skills an what these children do? I feel like im being rude by not wanting my kids to learn bad things or taking from my kids friends? I alredy have probs with a son who is learning to throw tantrums an when he is around other kids who act up he is even worse. What do I say to the parents who want me an my kids to participate in there activities? I dont mean for this to be a judgemental post i really feel like ina rock an a hard place? I don't think im a better parent i just don't want future issues with my kids who might learn things that i dont want them to!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't.  We don't curse, so I'm definitely not bringing my kids to a place where the parents let their kids curse.

I don't feel you're being judgemental, you're looking to keep your kid away from things you don't approve of.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Just tell it like it is.  If they ask why you don't want your kid around theirs, just tell them that you don't appreciate all the cussing and violence, and don't want your child exposed to that at such a young age.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I agree, I would be honest with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)