Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime Routine

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

I would like to know what your bedtime routine for your family is.  I am trying to get my girls into a routine, and not just a "okay guys lets get ready for bed."  They dont even have a set bedtime, it fluctuates.  So share your bedtime routine with me!  They are 4 and three.  I figure it will be easier to have a set schedule in place now and before the baby comes. 

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Oh my goodness. I could not imagine NOT having a routine!!! Here is ours.  They get dinner at 6, then bath time.  Then they go in the playrooms and play and at 7 they lay down and we will read a book together then they can watch their TVs in their rooms while they lay in bed until 8. (well school nights) Now that it is summer, I usually let them stay up later watching TV. HOnestly I just turn it off when they fall asleep or I go to bed at about 9 or so... whichever comes first. 

ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM

OH! And as they are watching TV they usually have their little magnet drawing toys in the beds with them or books or something.  :)  They love to try to read and write. 

college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM

They dont have a routine because up until we bought this house we lived in a very chaotic lifestyle.  We were homeless for two months, we moved a lot, it was a mess, and a routine was something that didnt work.

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

Oh my goodness. I could not imagine NOT having a routine!!! Here is ours.  They get dinner at 6, then bath time.  Then they go in the playrooms and play and at 7 they lay down and we will read a book together then they can watch their TVs in their rooms while they lay in bed until 8. (well school nights) Now that it is summer, I usually let them stay up later watching TV. HOnestly I just turn it off when they fall asleep or I go to bed at about 9 or so... whichever comes first. 

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Oh no! I apologize. I wasnt trying to say anything deeper by it.  I just remember when I first had my son and he didnt have a routine how hectic it was.  Schedules and routines make things alot easier on me.  And I hope that you find one that works for your family and it helps you :) 

Quoting college.mom:

They dont have a routine because up until we bought this house we lived in a very chaotic lifestyle.  We were homeless for two months, we moved a lot, it was a mess, and a routine was something that didnt work.

Quoting ZanGabeAllysMom:

Kristinmomof2
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I have three kids (10, 4 and almost 2)...though their ages are different the bedtime routine is the same.

We eat dinner at 5 or 5:30, the big kids help dad clean up dinner and then we all go out back and play until 6:30 which is bathtime for the girls (4 and almost 2). My youngest goes to bed at 7 or 7:15pm. My 4 yr old goes to bed at 8pm (the girls share a room). My son is allowed to stay up til 10 right now because its summer...but when its school time he is in bed at 9pm. He takes his shower before bed as well.

Same thing, everyday. It's good for kids to have a set schedule everyday.

pyrateprincess
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I HAVE to have a routine with DD. If she takes a nap then i'll start to get her ready for bed at 8:30 but if she doesn't then i start at 7:30. We get in the bath first, then i take her in her room. Dry her off, put on her pull-ups and then her jammies. Then we go either downstairs or in my room and brush her hair and dry her hair while she watches a lil toons. I let her finish whatever show is on and then we go to brush her teeth. I let her do it, then i finish. Then she says goodnight to whoever is in the house and i read her 4 books before putting her to sleep. She never goes to sleep right away so i check on her every 15 minutes or so. That's our routine!

luv_my_xiya
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

dinner between 6 and 7.....bath at 8.....bed at 9, simple as that

Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

She brushes her teeth, gets in pajamas, then picks out a bedtime story.  If she gets to pick out the story, she's completely content to go to bed, and when I tell her to pick out a book, she knows it's bedtime.  It makes the process positive.  She loves to lay down and read with me :) 

sarasloveable
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Dinner between 5 and 6 baths after 3yr old in bed by 7ish older 2 watch tv after 3yr is asleep the older 2 go watch tv in their rooms with timers set the baby gets bath between 7 and 8 gets bottle and when done into crib
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)