Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cabbage rolls..

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

do you like cabbage rolls??? i have been craving DH grandmas like freaking crack this week..lol..they gave me the recipe tonight, so i will be cooking like 4 pounds of them tomorrow..lol...they are so yummy....

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Can u give us the recipe please????? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhottmama01
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM

that is one of our favorites,my teenage son loves those! I put them int the crock pot...they are soooo good!eating

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I love them but dont have a recipe..... Buy them at local market since they do something special to make them extra tasty.   I tried buying the brand they use but were very bitter when i made them.

teacup714
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:58 PM

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! save me some!!!

Rachie7987
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Like golabki? I was raised with a lot of polish food and stuff cabbage is my favorite food!

redhottmama01
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I normally get a head of cabbage,hamburger,white rice....cook the rice and mix it with the hamburger.(raw hamburger)..roll it up in the cabbage leaf,put a toothpick thru it and put in crock pot in layers.....then cover with tomatoe juice....also put garlic in there too....sooo good!

Quoting sandra_t00:

Can u give us the recipe please????? Lol

southernjess3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM

cabbage rolls- 

1 pound hamberger meat

1 half cup rice

1 / 4 chopped onion 

1 tsp. salt

1 medium cabbage

1 large can tomato juice

soak rice for 1 hour prior to starting. steam whole cabbage untill leaves soften and can be removed easily from stem. mix hamberger meat, rice, onion, and salt. make approximatly 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into a ball. place on cabbage leaf. fold sides of leaf onto meat mixture and begin rolling up from stem end. continue till all of meat mixture is used. unused cabbage leaves can be placed in bottom of large pot. place rolls on top of leaves. pour tomato juice over this and cook on low for 2-3 hours...

* of course i'm going to like triple the recipe when i make it tomorrow..lol

biebermommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I have never had them but they sound delicious!  Thank you for the recipe!!

redhottmama01
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM

good

Quoting southernjess3:

cabbage rolls- 

1 pound hamberger meat

1 half cup rice

1 / 4 chopped onion 

1 tsp. salt

1 medium cabbage

1 large can tomato juice

soak rice for 1 hour prior to starting. steam whole cabbage untill leaves soften and can be removed easily from stem. mix hamberger meat, rice, onion, and salt. make approximatly 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into a ball. place on cabbage leaf. fold sides of leaf onto meat mixture and begin rolling up from stem end. continue till all of meat mixture is used. unused cabbage leaves can be placed in bottom of large pot. place rolls on top of leaves. pour tomato juice over this and cook on low for 2-3 hours...

* of course i'm going to like triple the recipe when i make it tomorrow..lol

jazzyandpat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

MMMM them sound good... I should get a head of cabbage and make them one morning before work and put in the crock pot..

My dd does not like them so what i do and makes it easer on me is. I cut up my cabbage and put in tomatoe juice and make the meat rolls and cook it all day in teh crock pot..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)