Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay on Property or Stay off Property at Disneyworld???

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Stay on Property or Stay off Property at DIsneyworld?

Options:

Off Property

On Property

Near Downtown Disney

Never been to DIsneyworld

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

Where do you prefer to stay when you visit Disneyworld? On Property or off property? What was the hotel you stayed at ON or OFF property and would you recommend it? What was the cost per night?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needhope
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

yea I want to know also, I used to Live in FLA but I don;t anymore and was wondering if I fly there where to stay?

FL2AK
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM
I always stay at one of the resorts near Downtown Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chais_wifey
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM
We stayed in a house, it was like 180 per night for a 3 bedroom house. And we had our own pool too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
18hearts
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

We always stayed on property because my uncle works for Disney and gets discounts on the hotels. We stayed at The All Star Resorts & the New Orleans French Quarter of another hotel (I dont remember the name of the hotel I just know we stayed in the french quarter).

The Disney hotels are always really nice but they can be costly.

christina0607
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Always on. We for years stayed off property thinking it was better. then one year we stayed on, and oh what a difference. I won;t go again and stay off. We also love the meal plan, and you can't get it if you stay off.

BabyinAug08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM
I heard the properties offsite are cheaper. But I live 20 minutes from disney so I've never had to stay one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAC123
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I live near Orlando and have been to Disney a billion times. I think, staying on site is the best.. You have all the amenities right at your finger tips and buses and shuttles to get where ever you have to go.. and if you ever wanna venture off by your self you can always hop in your own car..Plus sometimes you get cheaper park tickes for staying on site ;)

Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM
I live about 45 minutes from Disney. When we go - we go during the 'off peak' times and we stay on property. We only stay 2 or 3 nights. Its really neat to get the 'Disney' experience. Now - its definately not cheaper. If I was visiting and was on a tight budget - I'd stay off property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I own a timeshare so I can stay whereever I want to.

mom22angels38
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM
We just left there this week :). We always rent a home with a private pool off property. The one we were in this time was in a beautiful neighborhood.....5 bedrooms, 5 baths....we got it for $900 + $300 refundable deposit for the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)