Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cannot believe what i JUST saw! *may be graphic for some*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM
  • 26 Replies
Me and my SO were driving to go fishing when we saw a crotch rocket T-bone with a car!! We stopped, jumped out of our truck to run as fast as we could to get to him to help him (the guy on the crotch rocket) he was laying on the ground screaming. His right foot was completely smashed and it looked awful! The people in the car were fine, it was their fault. They didn't see the boy on the bike and pulled out. He is only 18 years old and it was a brand new bike. He said he had just went home to put on his helmet. Thank god he did or he might not be alive right now. I pray he is ok! That right there is the reason my child will never ride one of those things til he is responsible enough to do so. This boy was speeding, prolly going 60 in a 40. Plz if you pray, say one for this boy and his family that they can save his foot and if your children ride one of these please show them this post to make them more cautious about what they are doing! Plz bump after reading thank you! I still feel sick to my stomach after seeing this. Makes me hold my son closer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarasloveable
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Omg thankfully he was wearing a helmet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Wow hopefully he will be okay

Tannynsmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM
We told him thank god you decided to put that helmet on it probably saved your life. It was probably his angel looking out for him (if you believe in that sort of thing)

Quoting sarasloveable:

Omg thankfully he was wearing a helmet

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
Double check for bikes. Glad he's still alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerods_Wifey18

I hope he will be okay 

StellarJKD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM

That's why my husband never goes without a helmet, people in cars just aren't watching out for bikes

key2ynot
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Well if he was speeding that much then it wasn't *just* the cars fault.  Yeah they should have seen him and not pulled out, but if he would have been obeying the speed limit perhaps it wouldn't have been so serious an injury or the collision could have been avoided

I always check for bikes and hate to see anyone tailgating a biker.  Thank god that boy had a helmet on - he shouldn't have been speeding tho.  Most bikers I know are safer than a lot of other drivers on the road! 

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

wow

Jenny73
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Agreed, and they other ppl in cars think it is ok to ride on bikes asses pisses me off and me nor my dh even have bikes.

Quoting StellarJKD:

That's why my husband never goes without a helmet, people in cars just aren't watching out for bikes

I am a certified fitness instructor, Army brat, supporter of our troops, believes every American has the right to own a gun, live at the gym in my spare time, mother of 3, non-CIO, none co-sleeping, bottle-fed, none circumcised boy, vaccinating, disciplining, my children are not perfect, married for 17 years to my best friend, dog loving, non-church going Christian not judging, will listen to both sides before making a decision, SAHM mom and loving it.

in lovetoddler boylunchbagteen girltreadmillpuppy

Allstarmomto3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Oh dear. I will say a prayer. We witnessed the same thing a few years back. It was october and we turned the corner onto a busy street to see one of those motorcycles hit by a car. Also the cars fault, they turned left right in front of the motorcycle. There were 2 people on it, a man and a woman. The man had a helmet on, the girl did not. The man with the helmet on was in far more trouble than the woman. He was unconscious and his HB was faint. He still had one so we didn't attempt CPR. He was breathing shallowy too, but still breathing. The woman was hysterical, her boob was completely ripped open. It was like a 4 inch gash and her pelvic bone was sticking out. Yes so gross. It was out of socket and sticking out her leg and you could see the socket till my SO got something to cover her up with. It was awful and my middle son was with me and he saw it ALL. I think it scared him shitless to ever ride one of those things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)