Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

Who has had these?  Are they as good as they look?

I have never had one, but I keep seeing them on TV and everyone raves about them.  I am going to try making them on my own.  I will be making the homemade giardiniera tonight so it should be ready in a couple of days.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM

If this is it...it looks yummmyyyyyy

SASSY762

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Yep, it is a beef sandwich with spicy, pickled veggies on top.

It looks good to me too.

Quoting Sassy762:

If this is it...it looks yummmyyyyyy

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

This one looks even better...I have to get out of this post.......I'm getting hungry again, lol

SASSY762

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Okay I'm really leaving this time, lol  The stores sell that gardinaire in the jar in the pickle section...it would probably have to be cut up a bit though,  Thanks OP...now I'm hungry again, lol

SASSY762

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I live in Chicago so I've eaten them my whole life. I like mine plain, but dipped. Ther are a few styles, most come plain, sweet peppers, or hot peppers. The best ones are submerged in auju before they are wrapped. If you want something quick, I'm not sure if they sell it everywhere or just around here, but you can buy something at the grocery store called Goucho Beef it comes in a white plastic container, and you just put  it in a pot and warm it up, and buy Itailian bread.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I am going to use this recipe and chop mine pretty small.  Lots of jalapenos...yumm!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Italian-Giardiniera/Detail.aspx

Quoting Sassy762:

Okay I'm really leaving this time, lol  The stores sell that gardinaire in the jar in the pickle section...it would probably have to be cut up a bit though,  Thanks OP...now I'm hungry again, lol

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I don't think I have ever seen Goucho Beef.  Of course, I have never looked for it.  I will have to see if I can find it.  For now, I will just do a rump roast in the crock pot for the beef with some seasonings.

Quoting NickiNavarro:

I live in Chicago so I've eaten them my whole life. I like mine plain, but dipped. Ther are a few styles, most come plain, sweet peppers, or hot peppers. The best ones are submerged in auju before they are wrapped. If you want something quick, I'm not sure if they sell it everywhere or just around here, but you can buy something at the grocery store called Goucho Beef it comes in a white plastic container, and you just put  it in a pot and warm it up, and buy Itailian bread.

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Look around for it next time at the grocery store so you have something to compare you recipe to. Here's a pic of what I consider a good beef looks like, not as pretty as the other pics. :) It shouldn't be pretty. lol

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM

The peppers and stuff on top of that one look sauteed.  Are those still the spicy, pickled stuff? 

Quoting NickiNavarro:

Look around for it next time at the grocery store so you have something to compare you recipe to. Here's a pic of what I consider a good beef looks like, not as pretty as the other pics. :) It shouldn't be pretty. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)