Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah, I know I'm being picky, but still.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM
  • 27 Replies

So my daughter had a birthday party, and my mom invited one of her friends from work.  Her friend has 3 children, one of which is an infant, and she left home with her husband, the other two she brought with her to the party.  We went to the zoo.  I bought my daughter a toy at the store, so she could carry it around the zoo.  As soon as the other child saw it, she yanked it out of my daughter's hands and ran off.  Her mother is so preoccupied with her other child that she doesn't do a damn thing.  I had to explain to my crying child that this other girl wasn't taking her toy, and to share with the other kids, because I didn't want to yank the toy out of the other child's hand and cause an even bigger mess.

And when we got to my mom's house, we had cake and ice cream, then it was present time.  When DD is opening her presents, the SAME CHILD is ripping them open right in DD's lap!  I understand that she wanted to help, but she was pulling the presents out of the bags before DD had a chance to see them, and she was just throwing them on the floor and going on to the next one!  DD barely saw her presents when I picked them up before the other kid picked up the next one, shoved it in DD's lap, and started to tear it open again!  And the mother is, once again, distracted by her other child throwing yet ANOTHER temper tantrum, and she's catering to her child's every whim.

Seriously....I know it's nitpicking or whatever, but it just really pissed me off, especially since it was my child's first birthday party.

BTW, DD turned 4 and the other girl is one week younger than DD.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharityTipton
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

you have every right to be pissed. i would be too. this was your daughter's day and this other child was taking that away from her.

sarasloveable
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Agree 100%

Quoting CharityTipton:

you have every right to be pissed. i would be too. this was your daughter's day and this other child was taking that away from her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Thank you - I was wondering if I was being unreasonable, I mean kids will be kids, but it just was very frustrating.

Quoting CharityTipton:

chiamom123
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quoting sarasloveable:

Agree 100%

Quoting CharityTipton:

ksmama88
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

i seriously hate nothing more then when other children at a party open the birthday childs presents!!!  at my DD's 2nd birthday party she got a tricycle which wasnt wrapped and the bigger kids kept riding on it and messing with it, and it was seriously ticking me off and no matter how many times i asked them not to, they didnt stop, i was afraid of it getting broken before DD even had a chance to use it

hautemama83
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Quoting CharityTipton:

Agreed.....oh and for future reference you may want to tell your mom to not invite this 'friend' over again.

aprilmommy2007

I would have removed the child and had them sit by their own mother and told the mother what was going on, if she didnt want to disipline her child I would

mbaker331

i would have been pissed

Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting CharityTipton:

Agreed.....oh and for future reference you may want to tell your mom to not invite this 'friend' over again.

Yeah, as soon as the door shut behind her I told my mom THAT was not going to happen again. 

rona503
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Quoting CharityTipton:

you have every right to be pissed. i would be too. this was your daughter's day and this other child was taking that away from her

agree 100%

i would have took the toy away from the child and told that child it did not belong to her but you dd .then when the child started that with the presents i would have said some thing to the mom .it was your dd day .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)