Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hair products for toddlers?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

what are some safe hair styling products for a 2 year old? things that act kind of like a gel to keep hair out of her face but also keeps her hair healthy and natural looking.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

idk...i mainly use hair detangler....maybe just some of the really light gel in the hair area at the store? like pantene ?

devasmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

They have Johnson and Johnson stuff. My Dd has naturally curly hair (DH is Black) and I used to buy the Suave kids stuff or the Baby love brand hair lotion. I have also used Just For Me products.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM

i'm half black myself so my daughter has really curly hair too. thank god it's not as thick and coarse as mine so it's somewhat easier to manage. my boyfriend is spanish so my daughter has the soft curly hair lol. not a great picture due to the window but here's just an idea.

Quoting devasmom:

They have Johnson and Johnson stuff. My Dd has naturally curly hair (DH is Black) and I used to buy the Suave kids stuff or the Baby love brand hair lotion. I have also used Just For Me products.

isra1986
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Try some small hair clips or headbands.
That is what I do for DD. I do use hair products on her (Panteen glossy curls) but that is to keep her hair from looking like a poof ball, lol.!!!!

I just saw your reply above me. I suggest the glossy curls, part it tothe side when it's wet and kinda twist it back and clip it so even if she does take the clip out at some point, it drys and trains the hair to stay off her face!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM

i usually do use clips. but it still looks like a poof ball lol!

Quoting isra1986:

Try some small hair clips or headbands.
That is what I do for DD. I do use haair products on her (Panteen glossy curls) but that is to keep her hair from looking like a poof ball, lol.!!!!

Wistful
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM

One thing I have done with my daughter: take some regular conditionar and dab a little in your hands and run it through her hair (works best if it's a little damp/wet) and then comb her hair. The conditionar will weigh down the hair so it's not so frizzy/poofy.

tayanddyl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I use just for me oil moisturizer.  Without it she looks like Diana Ross!

ff-princess
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Sally Beauty Supplies has a product called Proclaim that is a silicone type product and it works fabulously for my hair and my daughter's!

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM

confused.  are you trying to tame the curls or just want it out of her face?  you mention out of the face but then later say it's like a poof ball.  my oldest has really curly hair & they're tight.  i use a shampoo/conditioner from Sally's in yellow & purple bottle.  i then use Carol's daughter Hair Milk when it's damp, brush it then if i feel like it dry it.  i've used Just for Me Curl Smoothener but it did nothing.  Next day still nappy looking, coarse, & messed up. 

With my youngest he has loose, wavy curls.  I still use Johnson's shampoo on his & the Just for Me while it's damp.  I've found with my kids damp or wet hair works better than letting it dry.  But I have had to experiment with stuff to find out what works for them.  I used an oil as well on my oldest but it pulled the curls out & made it look like a cross between a messed up jeri curl and the Motown groups of the 60's.  My kids are 1/2 black, 1/2 hispanic

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM

i guess i'm trying to do both. i've been told her hair is "messy" so yeah

Quoting mommy2cristian:

confused.  are you trying to tame the curls or just want it out of her face?  you mention out of the face but then later say it's like a poof ball.  my oldest has really curly hair & they're tight.  i use a shampoo/conditioner from Sally's in yellow & purple bottle.  i then use Carol's daughter Hair Milk when it's damp, brush it then if i feel like it dry it.  i've used Just for Me Curl Smoothener but it did nothing.  Next day still nappy looking, coarse, & messed up. 

With my youngest he has loose, wavy curls.  I still use Johnson's shampoo on his & the Just for Me while it's damp.  I've found with my kids damp or wet hair works better than letting it dry.  But I have had to experiment with stuff to find out what works for them.  I used an oil as well on my oldest but it pulled the curls out & made it look like a cross between a messed up jeri curl and the Motown groups of the 60's.  My kids are 1/2 black, 1/2 hispanic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)