Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Enraged?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am watching Discovery Health and its a repeat from their psych week and its the "Enraged" episode. It deals with families dealing with a member who has rage issues.

Has anyone dealt with this? Or have someone in their family with these issues?

Or have you seen this episode and have opinions on it.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I haven't but it sounds interesting.

misunderstood1
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM
it was a really good show! the whole series was interesting...i am sure it will be played a thousand times lol..you know how those channels are..
mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:35 PM

No I havent seen it. I had issues with rage when I was deep in my depression. It feels horrible....like an out of body experience and left me drained and feeling horrible when it was over. So glad for my support system. I never want to go there again!!!

misunderstood1
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM

ya when I get into my worst bouts of depression I definitely feel the same way and it definitely is draining...

Quoting mrsjones2207:

No I havent seen it. I had issues with rage when I was deep in my depression. It feels horrible....like an out of body experience and left me drained and feeling horrible when it was over. So glad for my support system. I never want to go there again!!!

rockinmama07
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I've not seen this, but I myself deal with rage issues pretty regularly.  It took me a long time to admit that I have a problem and need serious help.  So a little over a year ago I found a therapist.  Thanks to him I have been able to find the threads that lead me to why I have rage issues, and I have been able to learn coping skills.  In the beginning I was on anti-depressants so that I could have a "safety net", but I've been able to come off them as I've learned coping skills.  It has been a long process and at times I have literally gotten sick because of things that I've finally let myself see and admit to (things that have happened to me), but it is well worth it.  I'm by no means "cured", as I will always deal with these issues, but everyone in my life says that I have made a complete turn and change, and that it gets better every day.  I strongly urge anyone who has problems with rage to find a therapist.  There are reasons that the rage is there, and if you don't confront those issues and learn how to deal with them, you will not only destroy yourself but those around you as well.  I'm lucky, I didn't lose my loved ones, but I came darn close to it.

misunderstood1
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I finally found an awesome therapist and although my issues had cooed I definitely understand the coping skills. they are amazing tools once you have them. thank you for sharing! 

Quoting rockinmama07:

I've not seen this, but I myself deal with rage issues pretty regularly.  It took me a long time to admit that I have a problem and need serious help.  So a little over a year ago I found a therapist.  Thanks to him I have been able to find the threads that lead me to why I have rage issues, and I have been able to learn coping skills.  In the beginning I was on anti-depressants so that I could have a "safety net", but I've been able to come off them as I've learned coping skills.  It has been a long process and at times I have literally gotten sick because of things that I've finally let myself see and admit to (things that have happened to me), but it is well worth it.  I'm by no means "cured", as I will always deal with these issues, but everyone in my life says that I have made a complete turn and change, and that it gets better every day.  I strongly urge anyone who has problems with rage to find a therapist.  There are reasons that the rage is there, and if you don't confront those issues and learn how to deal with them, you will not only destroy yourself but those around you as well.  I'm lucky, I didn't lose my loved ones, but I came darn close to it.

rockinmama07
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:55 PM

You're welcome.  As far back as I can remember I've always had issues with rage, and inappropriate reactions to things.  I just refused to admit it.  It was always "someone else's fault".  I'm 32 now and it took me until I was just about to turn 31 to see that no, it wasn't someone else's problem it was my problem.  I started a huge fight with my mom and my sister over a very minor thing, made my daughters cry and huddle in the corner and saw my husband standing between me and the girls like a body guard.  I forced myself to stop and look at things.  I had broken things, put holes in a wall and totally terrified my children, hurt my mom and sister (emotionally) and scared my husband.  I walked out.  I drove around looking for a building that was tall enough.  I was gone the rest of the night.  When I got home the next day  I looked at my husband and told him I needed help.  His response was "it's about time".  I asked him why he didn't leave me a long time ago.  His response:  "I love you and I knew that you would evenutally see you needed help".  My girls were scared of me for a long time and I had to show them that mommy was trying to get better and that I would do better.  I'm very thankful that I'm lucky enough to have the husband and family that I do have.

Quoting misunderstood1:

I finally found an awesome therapist and although my issues had cooed I definitely understand the coping skills. they are amazing tools once you have them. thank you for sharing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)