Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laptop troubles - need help!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Honestly, I am having such a hard time w/ my laptop.

OK, so the trouble is related to uploading files/pictures/etc from my computer to another source (myspace, email, etc). Here is a couple of examples:

Myspace: If anyone knows/does Myspace, they'll understand what I am talking about. When I go to upload pictures, I cannot use the advanced uploader (uploading more than 1 picture at a time). I seriously have to do it one by one, I have to use the basic uploader.

Facebook: The same as myspace. I cannot use the standard uploader, I have to use the basic (one pic at a time).

Email: I have tried attaching a file from my computer into my email (for instance, my resume), and I get this error message:

Attachment failed. This may be due to a proxy or firewall.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the hell is gong on with my computer? I checked my firewall and proxy and everything is normal. Could I have a virus or something? Everything else on my computer works (all websites load, etc) there just becomes a problem with I am trying to upload files from my computer onto a different source.

If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. This laptop is fairly new and I haven't really had any problems w/ it up until now.

Thanks again.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amayabrianna
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Try it in safe mode and see if it still does this. If it doesn't then you have downloaded or changed something that is causing it to do this.

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM

what email are you using

exquizitemami
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I am using Gmail.

The weirdest thing is, it gives me an option to do it as a "classic uploader" (whent he error message comes up) which is weird. When attaching files (to Gmail at least), you don't have the option of doing it as an advanced uploader (not that I know of at least).

Quoting Sandy418:

what email are you using

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM

it's not  your computer it's gmail they are working on it. It;s all over google people are pissed. If you want to read whats going on google the error messege in yellow in your post

exquizitemami
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM

OK well that is good to know that at least one problem isn't because of my computer/interent connection but do you know of the other problems that I am having? I still cannot figure out why I can't use the advanced uploader when uploading pics from my computer to a website?

Quoting Sandy418:

it's not  your computer it's gmail they are working on it. It;s all over google people are pissed. If you want to read whats going on google the error messege in yellow in your post

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Is this thru gmail?

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM

are you trying to upload something from gmail to another website?

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM

or from somewhere else

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)