Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you talk to your daughter about masturbation?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 63 Replies

After reading some of the comments on another post, I wonder. Will you talk to your daughter about masturbation? It seems like a given with boys. I was never talked to about it, and I wish I was. Did your mom talk to you about it? Did you wonder if it was right because you didn't have information? I want my daughter to know she doesn't have to get that feeling from a boy, along with being comfortable with her body. What do you think?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM

i woudlnt... they will figure that out without my help lol. sex.. because i gotta! lmao

ready_for2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM

idk... my mom never specifically talked to me about it, but she never preached against it or anything like that. we had a very open relationship, so im sure she would have if i asked. but i didnt need to ask, i figured it all out on my own pretty easily!! LOL

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I will. Because I would rather her do for herself what she can, And learn that she doesn;t need a guy in that way. Maybe she won't end up pregnant at 16....

awooding

It will be included in our sex, pregnancy and STD talk.

christina0607

Like sit down and explain it...no. As part of our on going talks it will be mentioned as an alternative, but there will be no big discussion about it with either my boys or girls. Thats a personal thing for them, and I wouldn't invite myself into it.

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM

My mom and I had a pretty open realationship about that sort of thing aswell, but I had never even heard of it, so I didn't think to ask. I remember thinking it wasn't normal.

WildKat

Yes yes yes. 

Oprah had this sexpert on a while back and she was talking about how girls think that only boys can give them that "magical feeling" - when it's not the case.  It is so much smarter to own your own body, own your own feelings, and know that you are completely in control of things. 

So yeah, I will absolutely talk to all of my kids and tell them this is much "safer sex" than anything else they're thinking of.  LOL

I should also say - I've seen my 7yo rub herself against the edge of the table a few times.  So we've already *kindof* talked about it.  I've told her - you can do that in the privacy of your bedroom, but not at the kitchen table when you're supposed to be doing your damn homework.  LOL  We haven't given it a name, yet.

Peace,

Kat

kaidensmommy09

Quoting christina0607:

Like sit down and explain it...no. As part of our on going talks it will be mentioned as an alternative, but there will be no big discussion about it with either my boys or girls. Thats a personal thing for them, and I wouldn't invite myself into it.

Ink.Me.Plz.

Good question.... I think I will when I see she is getting curious in boys and such.

ready_for2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM

i dont understand why your mom would have to talk to you about it?

dont kids do this on their own? without having their parent explain it? LOL i dont get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)