Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

That the parents of underage girls, should have to give consent for them to have an abortion?

Why or why not?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM

No, but I do think they should be notified that they are doing it. They are your child but their body still belongs to them. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I am torn on this...although it is their bodies. They are underage. And you would have to give medical consent for any other type of surgery! Wouldn't you?

Ohiomomto2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM

This

Quoting LancesMom:

I am torn on this...although it is their bodies. They are underage. And you would have to give medical consent for any other type of surgery! Wouldn't you?

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

azpreemiemom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:22 PM

No- because then parents will require their children to follow their wishes, not the teens wishes.

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I get what you are saying, however, I think it really should be up to them. Parents should not be able to force or deny an abortion but they should know that they are doing it for health reasons if nothing else.

AmandaShappy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting LancesMom:

I get what you are saying, however, I think it really should be up to them. Parents should not be able to force or deny an abortion but they should know that they are doing it for health reasons if nothing else.

Yes but if a parent is notified, even if its still left up the the child, the parent could still pressure them into doing what they feel is best.

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Quoting AmandaShappy:

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting LancesMom:

Yes but if a parent is notified, even if its still left up the the child, the parent could still pressure them into doing what they feel is best.

I suppose, but if my child was having surgery, I would want to know. I guess though, my child wouldn't feel the need to hide it from me in the first place. There are too many scenerios. I would want my child to talk to me first. It is a big decision. Unfortunately, there are too many jackasses that would kick their children out for getting pregnant so the kid would want to keep it a secret..........jeesh, IDK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)