Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So...my exgf got married today

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM
  • 23 Replies

And I am really bothered by it and I have no idea why.  Is this normal, were you bothered when you heard any of your exes got married?  The breakup (the divorce as I refer to it) was nasty and horrible and I have no love for her whatsoever.  I love my husband and my family with all my heart, I know for a fact he is the person I was meant to be with.  But I can't help but get this twinge of annoyance about her getting married.  They even used 2 songs for their processional that used to be "our songs".  How tacky is that? 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lostandfound34
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM

yea it can hurt, how long were you together?

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Why did you go to lengths to find out about the songs being played?

kiernansmom08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM

about 4 years.  And when things were good, we talked about getting married.  But among many other reasons, I wanted so many things that a relationship with a woman couldn't give me, ie. a traditional relationship, children that were half me and half the person I loved more than anything.

Quoting lostandfound34:

kiernansmom08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I know, I'm a little nuts I guess, I stalk her every once in awhile in facebook out of boredom and she had posted pics of the program for the wedding.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

OneandonlyME
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I dont care what any of my exes are doing. I dont think it's normal. I think you have to still care about them to let yourself be annoyed or have any negative feelings. If you were over it you wouldnt give a crap what she did.

lostandfound34

It still hurts really. I love my dh with all my heart but some times long for the things that a man cant give KWIM??

Quoting kiernansmom08:

about 4 years.  And when things were good, we talked about getting married.  But among many other reasons, I wanted so many things that a relationship with a woman couldn't give me, ie. a traditional relationship, children that were half me and half the person I loved more than anything.

Quoting lostandfound34:

MovalMomsADMIN

i dont care much about what any of my xs are doing

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM

You obviously still have feelings for her then. Good luck in moving on. I know it can't be easy.

Quoting kiernansmom08:

I know, I'm a little nuts I guess, I stalk her every once in awhile in facebook out of boredom and she had posted pics of the program for the wedding.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Ask me how I can help turn your daughter into a PRINCESS!

kiernansmom08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Totally know what you mean. 

Quoting lostandfound34:

It still hurts really. I love my dh with all my heart but some times long for the things that a man cant give KWIM??

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Quoting lostandfound34:

chais_wifey
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM
When I found out my ex was getting married it still hurt even though I was happily married. I mean I wasn't depressed over it or anything but I definitely felt a stabbing pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)