Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone gotten pregnant around 2 yrs after having gallbladder surgery? i have a ?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

2 yrs ago i had my gallbladder taken out. i had stones and it was also giving me pancreatitis. i am now 10 weeks pregnant.  for the last 2-3 weeks my stomach (way up high under/beneath breast bone) hurts.  and if i am siting down and bending over for a while it hurts. could it be due to the surgery and possible scar tissue?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DaniJones86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM
I am pregnant right now (37 weeks) and i had my gallbladder removed April 20, 2008. in have this weird stretching feeling where my top scar is, i think it is just that, stretching from the inside. it hurt but i got used to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I have three kids.  My boys were born before my gall bladder surgery and I had picture perfect pregnancies and deliveries. 

I got pregnant with my daughter after my surgery.  I think 2 years.  I was sick on and off the whole time, to the point of being admitted into the hospital days at a time.  In 5 months, I had 5 trips to the hospital all lasting 5 days or longer.  I ended up having polyhydramnios and preeclampsia.  I had to give birth by c-section at 30 weeks.

Now, I don't know if that has anything to do with me not having a gall bladder and I know every pregnancy is different, but that's how it went for me.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

th78
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM

i got prego 1 yr after my gall bladder removal and had no problems at all. my surgery was not laparoscopic either.

nebraskamomto2
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I did have my son about 2 1/2 yrs after having my gallbladder removed and it did hurt where the incisions were.  My doc said it was scar tissue stretching.  I also had cracked a few ribs the year before getting prego,  from having pnumonia and that hurt too! 

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I had mine out 10/04 and was preg in 06 (gave birth 2 years 2 the day after my surgery lol!) It didnt hurt.

But I'm 25 weeks now and it KILLS! Its right on my scars too. =(

3giftsfromgod
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:28 AM

thanks guys mine doesnt really hurt where the top scar is, it hurts higher. hhmm oh well ill just ask the dr,lol

for halleys_mommy_1 i hope you feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)