Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I start over?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

My husband and I have been together for almost 5 years, and for the past 3 years things have been pretty sour. I caught him cheating "online" when he returned from Iraq 2 years ago...as a matter of fact, there were over 400 explicit emails sent between him and the other woman. In one email, they discussed that he had actually gone to see her only 2 weeks after he and I married, and he expressed how he was upset that she wouldn't strip for him that night. So I know they probably had sex. When I confronted him, he totally denied it, saying someone hacked his computer and wrote that stuff, but I knew better. Anyway, I stayed all this time, believing that things could get better, and I just can't bear another moment of this. We have 2 children together and he has been providing all the income since day one. I have no college education, no bank account (so I have not one cent), and I'm just so devastated. I don't even know what to begin to do once I tell him it's over. Please help me. Please. I feel like I'm not worthy of anything. I've never felt so low and depressed in my life and I've been depressed for years....

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
deliela
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh. I am sorry that you are going through this. You should do what is best for you and your kids. Try and find you a job and try to go back to school. Focus on making your plans. Once everything is in order then you should leave. Maybe consider staying with relatives. pm if you want or need to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecilydw
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry you are going through all of this.  Do you have some relatives close by you could stay with?  You'll have to start from the bottom and bust your tail for your kids, get a job, maybe start classes and work towards getting your own car and place to live.  You deserve soooo much better than him and should not be treated that way.  IMO you are doing the right thing for you and the kids by ending the relationship.  I have never been through something like this so no I do not know exactly how you feel but I truely am sorry.  My sister is going through the same thing right now and she needs someone to talk to and listen so if you want to talk or need anything please PM me, I promise I'll listen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)