Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UG!!! I should have known better!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 36 Replies

So, maybe you remember my post about all my laundry. Well, I have good news and bad news. 

Good News: Its all done!!!

BAD NEWS:

I told my friend that I would pay her $75 bucks to do my laundry (20 loads, give or take.. wash dry fold and put away). That was about what everyone on here said to pay someone. She agreed happily.

Then, I even said I would I would do it with her. We agreed to take a whole day and do it together. I was SO happy. I mean I needed the help bad, and she needed some cash. Plus, I also was going to color her hair. Red on bottom, brown on top and put in a dread lock. At a salon, that would be like $150.

So laundry day comes. She gets here and says "well, why dont we just take it to the laundry mat." 

I agreed, even though I knew it would cost me like another $75. 

So we go to the laundry. We wash everything and then its getting late and some stuff is only partially dry. She starts folding it anyway. I was like wait wait, I need these dry. So I put them back in and we fold what was dry already.

Then we decide that once the other stuff is dry we will go back to my house to fold the rest where its more comfortable and we can chill on the couch.

Well, next thing I know she is telling me she has plans with someone else. 

So we are trying to rush. When we got home I asked my husband to help and he got mad at me because I paid her AND I paid for the laundry mat and now I am also helping her do the work and asking him to help as well. 

So she tells me its all folded and leaves. LEAVES. Literally 15 loads of laundry in my living room on my couch and coffee tables and in baskets. Plus, five more loads we never washed in the basement still.

So my husband and I argue about her, because hes upset we paid her for a job unfinished. I defended her and I was like "well shes been apparently planning a girls night for a while, at least its all washed and folded."

Next morning I wake up to put away all the laundry. At least HALF of it is NOT folded. Some is folded and STILL DAMP. Some is folded, damp, AND inside out. GRRR. I fought with my husband defending her.

So, I called her and was told her it wasnt all finished.

She caught an attitude and said well I was helping you for like five hours!! And I said, well, it wasn't about the TIME, it was about the JOB. She knew in advance what the job was and she didnt finish it. She NEVER offered to come back and finish. She just got upset. Then she said she will just give me back my money. I told her I did NOT want it back. I just wanted the laundry finished.

So today, she texts me and tells me my $75 is in my mail box.

Now, I know a lot of you wont agree with me, BUT, I AM NOT giving that money back to her!!

I told her not to give it back. I ASKED her to come finish the job. I was as nice as I could to her. She was defensive and immature. I mean I totally defended her to the point of arguing with my own husband. I feel back stabbed by her. 

She KNEW James and I were arguing about the laundry. She still never offered to finish it, or even admitted that she'd done a sloppy job just so she could go have her girls night.

Anyway, yeah, if you made it this far, THANKS! All I can say is at least my laundry is done. I wish it didn't cost me a friendship.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:24 PM

If you told her you didn't want the money back and she gave it back anyway, sh!t, I'd keep it, too!  You gave her the option and apparently she's being a brat about the whole thing.  I'm sorry you lost a friend in this...but like you said, at least your laundry's done!  I wish I could catch up with mine...!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:27 PM

i love doing laundry as long as there is no spiders in the basement that i can see lol. 

lex07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Im just a lil curious as to why you and your husband didnt just didnt do it yourselves??

--Nicole--
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:28 PM

That sucks! Why did you have 20 loads? That's a shit ton lol

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Is your dirty laundry and 75 bucks really worth losing a friend?

Go give her half of it back.

Cecilydw
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Wow I would be peed off too!  That was really crappy of her to do! 

DreadyMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Cuz, we have that much clothes, lol. I got super depressed at the end of the winter and stopped giving a flip about laundry. I guess cuz its in the coldest part of the house (unfinished part of the basement) and I could hide it there in the laundry room and not have to see it. Then I got to a point where I was like "OK this is ridiculous." But at that point, I needed HELP! I needed a friend to help me out. Heck, I would have paid a total stranger lol. 

cfdm3s_mommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM

If that is all it took to loose her as a friend, then she wasn't much of a friend. And hell yes I'd keep the money. You told her you didn't want it back, she left it anyways. She should have just said "my bad" and came to help finish it.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM

whens the last time you did laundry?

Miss.KelliAdams
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quoting lex07:

Im just a lil curious as to why you and your husband didnt just didnt do it yourselves??

Yeah, really lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)