Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Techie Moms! Or Non Techie Moms.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have tried it with Chrome, IE and Firefox. The same thing happens with all three. Right now my Cafemom site is just a huge list of links with no graphics. Eventually it will go back to normal on my computer, but its normal on my phone so I know the site is fine. My facebook, if I go to Facebook.com it will take me to myspace.com. On my cafemom the same thing happens when I am at a post and click something, it loads whatever I clicked and then reloads to myspace.com. My Swagbucks wont let me click on any links I search, I get an error page, but it works on my phone. I know all these sites work normally because they work on my phone the same time my computer is screwing them up. 

Last night I ran all my maintenance programs, cleared all my cookies, ran virus scans, and of course it worked for a while today and now tonight it is doing it again. It gets to be quite annoying and I want to bash my computer in but I know that its not the computer itself. Could it be my router? We have a wireless router that splits the signal to wireless for me and to my husbands Xbox. 

I want to go get a new router but I want to be sure its even a possibility that its my router before I do it.

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM

BUMP!

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM
Bump bc I have no idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadiasMomma
Bump bc I have no idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadiasMomma
Oops lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM

BUMP!

college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:54 PM

No one has any suggestions?

bluejupalex
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM

You said you cleared your cookies. Did you clear your temporary internet files too?  Be sure to close all your open windows, clear everything - temp internet files, history, cookies, everything.  You'll have to clear your files for all of your browsers.  Just to be on the safe side, reboot your computer after that. 

You might be able to go to add/uninstall programs (control panel) to repair IE.  It might not be a bad idea to uninstall Firefox and Chrome (one at a time) and reinstall them. 

I can't see how it could be the router, but it's possible.  Also, how many anti-virus programs are you running?  If you have more than one, they tend to conflict with each other.  You can also temporarily turn off your a/v and see if it still does it. 

Try doing a virus scan at www.housecall.trendmicro.com  Shut off the a/v that you have installed first, tho. Hope this helps!  Good luck!

L33T_G4MER
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Do you run wireless to your computer?

Duh, just saw that, lol. Is your connection password protected? Sounds like you connection is bogged down. That happens to my computer when me and hubby are both using the wireless.

~Annie~

college.mom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM

So I figured it out and it was the router.  The router had my DNS settings all messed up.  Apparently its a big problem with THIS particular linksys router.  One of my friends on another site figured it out for me and showed me how to fix it.

bluejupalex
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM
I'm glad you figured it out and it was an easy fix!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)