Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O: When did you KNOW what gender you were having?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: When did you know?

Options:

At 12 weeks or less, and it was right

I was told at 12 weeks or less but it changed

between 12 and 20 weeks, and it was right

between 12 and 20 weeks, but it was wrong

After 20 weeks, and it was right

After 20 weeks, and it was wrong

I never found out/ didn't want to know

I was having multiples and they weren't all correctly predicted.

Other(huh?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I'm wondering how common it is to know at 12 weeks pregnant what you're having. It was VERY obvious to me:

So how about you??

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM

For me it was 18-20 weeks with my kids.  All were right.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

isra1986
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I didn't get a sonogram until 19 weeks, so I 'knew" then, but I already knew. I had been buying pink since I got a positive!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

jacejenkins
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I found out that I was having a boy two whole days before he was born at 42 weeks gestation.  Up until that moment, people had convinced me that I was carrying a girl.   I had to go home and unpack the dresses and pink sleepers.  My son did wear pink when we were at home.  LOL

BrigetteLyn

Mine was right at 20 weeks and it was right. You could clearly see her pelvic bone and there was no boy part there lol!

luv2wahm

around 19 weeks for all 3 and all 3 were right

lbdm2002

i never had an ultrasound with my daughter..but the night before she was born, my husband, my mom and myself all had dreams that i was having a girl..and we were all right!

my ultrasound with my son was at 17 wks..and it was correct.  but i knew from the beginning..because i was carrying him totally different than i carried my daughter!

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Right at 20 weeks. I was told it was a boy and it was right.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM

i found out around 8 months. and had them check at three different appointments just to make sure lol the reason it was so late in the pregnancy is because i thought they would ask if i wanted to know the gender as they did ultrasounds but they never asked so i just finally said hey can i know what i'm having lol

Not.So.Virginal
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I found out a week or two after I confirmed I was pregnant.... right around 20 weeks I had an ovarian cyst rupture and had to go to the ER to make sure the baby was ok and all that..... so that's when I found out

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Wow it's amazing you could see anything at 40 weeks, must've been cramped!

Quoting jacejenkins:

I found out that I was having a boy two whole days before he was born at 42 weeks gestation.  Up until that moment, people had convinced me that I was carrying a girl.   I had to go home and unpack the dresses and pink sleepers.  My son did wear pink when we were at home.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)