Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women arrested for child abuse

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Here is the news story: 

GRIGGSVILLE, ILL. -- KHQA started hearing viewer concerns about a possible case of child abuse in the Pike County, Illinois area.

Here's what we found out.

Sheriff Paul Petty told KHQA he couldn't elaborate on specifics of the case, but he did tell us this.

25-year-old Heather Ator of Pittsfield was arrested for aggravated battery of a child.

Investigators responded to the domestic incident after receiving a couple of calls.

She's in the Pike County jail on a $20,000.

This happened in the town I live in of about 45,000. The little girl is 18 months old and her mother beat her, burnt cigarettes on her and bit her nose and her ears almost taking off one of her ear lobes. It took at least two calls into the local police before anyone responded. I have been absolutely sick to my stomach since hearing about this. I have a picture of the little girl that was taken the night they found her but I'm not sure about posting it. How can a mother do this to her child?

I'm the mother of four wonderful children. Three dd's ages 9, 6 and 4 (our 4 yr old is our autism princess) and a newborn ds. I'm a cosleeping, ebf, overprotective and delay-vaxing mother who works full time from home; most of the time.

family in the van

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyra618
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM

it takes a sick twisted son a b!tch to do that to a child.  Pisses me off.

RedMomma4
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM

bump

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Just goes to show women can be just as mean and cruel as men when it comes to children.

jridgill
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM
I wish someone would do the same to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:14 PM
Omg..that poor baby =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM

omg!!! that poor child! this makes me ill! =(

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Why would anyone do that to a baby? I can't even bring myself to spank my son, much less bite his ear!

MommaTashy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Oh my i seriously almost threw up after reading this. how could anyone do that to a child ? She should have ten times worse done to her ! Hopefully shes getting her a$$ kicked everyday in jail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cressida
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM

This happened by where i live about 10 days ago... the newest article on it also says she had a son die at 5 weeks old in 01, but they ruled it natural causes, And that CPS has been after her since 1999 but she keeps moving before anything can be done. One effed up system if they cant catch her in 11 years.

Mother Arrested in Death of Her Child
Posted Friday, June 4, 2010 ; 01:54 PM | View Comments | Post Comment
Updated Friday, June 4, 2010; 04:52 PM

Samantha Evans
Photo Credit: West Virginia Regional Jail Authority

Deputies say child left in a hot bathtub.

WILLIAMSON --  A Mingo County mother is in jail charged with the death of her baby.

Samantha Evans has been arrested for child neglect causing death, according to police.

Mingo County Sheriff's deputies said they were doing a drug raid Thursday night when they heard calls for help.

The calls were coming from two men at a neighboring house. Emergency responders went to that house and found a child who was not breathing. The responders noticed burns on the child's body. The 16-month-old was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Deputies said the mother admitted to taking some medication and was found by relatives unconscious on the couch. The baby was found in the bathtub.

The burns on the baby are believed to be from hot water in the bath tub but deputies believe the she probably drowned in the tub. They are waiting for a final cause of death from the Medical Exainers Office next week.

Lab work has also been ordered on Evans to see exactly what medication was in her system when the child died. Evans also has a 27-month-old. She was taken by Child Protective Services.

They were all living at the home of a family member. They were not home at the time of the baby's death.

She is in the Southwest Regional Jail on $105,000 bond.

rona503
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM

i would take her to the swamps tie her to an old stump and let the gaters do the rest .then i would feel like she got her payback .any one that does that to any small child need to die .angry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)