Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going on a trip!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 1 Replies

My "little" brother is getting married next Sunday about 500 miles away from where I live.  Because my DH can not make it to the wedding my 4 month old DS and I are going to the wedding with my parents.  I am a little concerned about the long trip and how to keep my DS happy for 8-10 hours.  I am planning on bringing toys but I know that he gets sick on the car seat quickly.  We are planning on stopping a lot but he hates it when he has to get back in the seat and then he proceeds to cry for the next little while.  I didn't know if anyone else has braved a trip like this with a little one and what others have done to help with the drive.

I am also concerned about his day to day routine.  I know he will be thrown off but I want to be able to have as little melt downs as possible.  Any ideas?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Suzy_Sunshine
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM

You should fly, that is too far to drive even if you weren't traveling with a small child.  Maintain your normal schedule while you travel and be sure that you have plenty of space and privacy. You may even want to choose a different hotel from the rest of the family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)