Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period 6 days past ovulation??***new info in replies*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone started their period 6 days after ovulation?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:35 PM

No one???

MrsBlack530
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:36 PM

That would be a VERY short luteal phase.  Are you trying to pregnant?

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Yes, I am ttc and I have been using opk's. I got a positive on the 6th and the 7th. Then, I started bleeding today and I am trying to figure out what is going on. I filled up one "light days" tampon in a few hours. But, I am thinking that it would be way too early for my period. Although everything that I read tells me that what I am experiencing is too heavy for implantation bleeding. I am soooooooo confused

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Also this is my first PP cycle. My daughter is now 11 months. Could this all be related?

PrincessAbby107
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Bump

mistie900
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I'm sorry I don't know but here is a bump for you

MrsBlack530
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Quoting PrincessAbby107:

Also this is my first PP cycle. My daughter is now 11 months. Could this all be related?

It'll probably take a few cycles for your luteal phase to get back to normal.  Normal being 10-14 days.  However, mine are usually 9 days and I have NO problems getting pregnant, lol.

Good luck!!!

Rubia653
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM

PP Cycle? You mean post partum? Personally, I nursed both my kids to 12-13 months and never got a cycle while nursing. I would get a 'mini' cycle, then a regular cycle a couple weeks-month later and then I got pregnant afterwards both times (preg right after my first reg. cycle each time).

When TTC#3 my cycle did not return for about 4 months (after finishing nursing #2), and I was taking Ovulation tests to find out if I was ovulating, the tests said I was but I didn't get a cycle. I would say that probably this is a mini-cycle for you, or it is implantation bleeding, but it does sound like too much for implantation bleeding.

Once I had a regular cycle I got preg two weeks later, it just took my body time to start working right again - lol

I know it is hard to wait onc eyou are ready for a baby, but this is probably a really good sign, just most likely not  a pregnancy quite yet. I would say that the amount of time between ovulating and your period has everything to do with you not having had a cycle for so many months...

colins_mom
by Heather on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM
I had a "normal" looking period that was implanton (sp) bleeding when I was preg for DS. I suggest wait two to four weeks and test and let us know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Sorry I can't really help as I have never had to pay attention to any of that stuff but............I got pregnant while nursing a newborn and carried that baby full term no issues.  My 2 youngest boys are 10 1/2 months apart and I never had a period in between.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)