Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you REALLY want kids? Poll

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you wants kids?

Options:

Yes

Never wanted kids, but I have them now

Didn't care if I had them or didn't

Never wanted kids and wish I never had them

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

I know some people actually NEVER wanted kids, but things happen and well they are a parent now. Me, I didn't care if I ever had kids....meaning that if I did, cool, if I didn't that's cool too. Now I have two and wouldn't change it =)

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kharma25
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM

From a young age, all I REALLY wanted out of life was to be a wife and mom.  The day my daughter was born was the day that dream came true!

krissy_gurl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Yep.. i actually did.. i want another one now.. but my so other dont as of right now

katieBennett
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:42 PM

yes ive  wanted a child since i was very little! i want another one but not for a few years at least

Ink.Me.Plz.

I wanted them...just not at the time lol but I wouldn't change it. I am blessed they are here.

honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Always wanted them. Had alot of trouble getting them too. Fertility drugs for me.

WildKat

Most of the women I know always wanted kids.  For me, I didn't for a long long time.  Eventually, my DH talked me into it.  I'm glad I have them now and couldn't imagine life without them.  But ...  when all is said and done, they're more work and lifestyle change for me than him.  And I do get resentful when he doesn't help out.   When we got married I was very open about probalby never wanting them, and he claimed to be okay with that.  Literally the day after the wedding he started in with the "lets have kids now". 

Peace,

Kat

--Nicole--
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Kharma25:

From a young age, all I REALLY wanted out of life was to be a wife and mom.  The day my daughter was born was the day that dream came true!

My mom told me recently that when I was younger I would always say I never wanted kids LOL!!

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I used to want a ton of kids when I was younger. And I used to babysit alot. Guess what? Baby sitting and being a mom is alot different. I don't regret my DD at all but I don't want anymore kids. Ever. lol

--Nicole--
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Quoting WildKat:

Most of the women I know always wanted kids.  For me, I didn't for a long long time.  Eventually, my DH talked me into it.  I'm glad I have them now and couldn't imagine life without them.  But ...  when all is said and done, they're more work and lifestyle change for me than him.  And I do get resentful when he doesn't help out.   When we got married I was very open about probalby never wanting them, and he claimed to be okay with that.  Literally the day after the wedding he started in with the "lets have kids now". 

Peace,

Kat

Oh wow!! That's crazy, I think I'd be pissed!

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM

From as early as I can remember all I ever wanted was to be a MOM.  I wanted 6 boys up until I was 25 and had 3 and got divorced.  I thought I was done and then I was blessed with a girl at 44 yrs old  LOL  I always said I never wanted a daughter but once I became pregnant I knew she was a girl and I have felt blessed again everyday since.  Which is funny in its self cause I didn't want more kids either and seriously it feels like we were all waiting for her all these years to complete our family ..........we just didn't know it!!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)