Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedtime routine

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
My DD is 4mths & we're in the process of moving her into her own bed.  Right now we have her sleeping in a pack n play in our room,because I don't feel comfortable having her on the other side of the house yet.  I'm having a hard time setting an actual routine though, because I work 4pm-midnight & my hubby also works nights.  The ped said if we didn't set a routine & woke her up at night, she would wake up through out the night.  When she slept w/us, she never woke up as long & she could touch us.  Anyway, she's sometimes asleep when I pick her up from the sitters or she will fall asleep on the way home.  So I just put her in bed & leave her be until she wakes up.  I'm wondering if this is a good enough routine or should I change it in some way.  As it is now, she doesn't really "know" when bedtime is.  She just kinda falls asleep when ever since I'm not home with her at night.  Any suggestions???

Melissa
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Edenfield4
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:55 AM
I think it's going to be hard for you to get her set on a normal routine (bedtime - evening, wake up - morning) since she's awake at midnight when you get her.  So it's just whatever works for you and fits your lifestyle.  If she seems to be getting enough sleep the way you're doing things now, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.
swhitford
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:00 AM
I say stay with what your doing, I'm sure you and dh are trying very hard working midnights isnt easy especially with a child in the mix. So I say leave it how your doing it now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)