Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poison Control and CPS: Is this true?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 32 Replies

My daughter just got into a tube of Icy Hot. I have NO IDEA where she found it!!! I called poison control and they said she'll be fine. My dad just told me that when you call Poison Control, CPS launches and investigation of your house. IS THAT TRUE? That just seems crazy to me! Does anyone know?

by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parkerkamismom
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I don't believe that for one minute.  I mean, if you call repeatedly, perhaps, but I doubt it.

college.mom
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM

No not at all.  We had to when my daughter drank a printer refill kit, in fact we had to go to the ER and they told me that if it became a pattern that then they would begin an investigation.

boppysmom2007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

no ive called posion control 3 times with my little guy and nothings ever happend

Finallyamomx2
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I don't think that is true. I had to call poison control because my daughter got into some hand sanatizer a couple of months ago and I was never investigated by cps that I know of. Poison control did call me back a couple of days later for a follow up, but that was all I ever heard about it.

n03z07l08
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

No its not true. I've called poison control numerous times and have never been investigated by cps.

alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM

that's not true and spreading ridiculous rumors like that is going to cause idiot parents to not call and kids to die. I could see  if you were calling constantly or in the ER constantly for stuff like that, but one time - it means you are being a responsible parent and seeking help!

landontsmama08
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM

They shouldn't unless you call repeatedly. Kids will be kids and they are always eating stuff they aren't supposed to.

Starbucksbabe83
Kids will always get into things...now if it starts to look suspecious maybe..but i doubt it otherwise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eddysmommy

i had to call poison control when DS go into some meds my brother left out. i never got a nother call back or anything like that.

skyes_mom07

i think your dad is wrong i took my dd to the emergency room when she was a little over a year bc just ate some liquid nails(its like caulk) and husband called poision control at the house and we never had any investigation with cps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN